Newborn in Recaro?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Has anyone tried a nb in a Como? We're getting 2 Signos for the girls, but we might be getting a foster baby very soon, and we need a seat for him. I'm trying to decide if I should get 3 Signos. We're being licensed for 0-12 months, and we do have a bucket to use if he doesn't fit into the Recaro.

ADS

jdchic3

I think someone installed a Como for a family with a 3 month old and posted pics. Maybe a month ago or so.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Yep, I saw those :) I was wondering about a teeny baby. I guess I can always just order the Signo, and if he doesn't fit I will just use the bucket :)

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Here's Ilana, she's almost 10 mos here and about 17#. You can't tell here b/c the straps are set wrong, but she is just even w/ or just below the bottom slots in this seat. It has the same bottom strap height IIRC as the Britax seats, so not a good seat for a nb, but after a few mos it'd probably be doable depending on the baby.
kidsstuff016.jpg

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
K, thanks :) I had my DD in the Como for pics at 6 months, but both of my girls have freakishly tall torsos and I wasn't sure how the average baby fit! Ilana is such a cutie, thanks for posting the pic. It's amazing that she is still below the bottoms lots--what a peanut!

Adirondack Dad

Thanks for the pictures.

Thomas will be 7 months on Tuesday and weighed 20 lbs 7 oz at his last appointment. I can't wait for the Signo to be released.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
K, thanks :) I had my DD in the Como for pics at 6 months, but both of my girls have freakishly tall torsos and I wasn't sure how the average baby fit! Ilana is such a cutie, thanks for posting the pic. It's amazing that she is still below the bottoms lots--what a peanut!

I know it's funny b/c the boys have such long torsos, even Evan who is SOOOO short, that I'm not sure what to do w/ a leggy child. ;) She's up to 21# now not even 2 mos after that pic was taken so she's not such a peanut anymore.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC