1998-2003 dodge caravan

rosey2007

Does anyone one here have one and do you like it. My budget has just dropped and I noticed these were in my price range. I currently own a 95 dodge caravan and it is starting to have some issues. I also want something with head rests.

ADS

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
We have a '99 rotting in our driveway. When it was running, it actually worked pretty well for us. It had no factory tethers, but that gave us the option to have them installed in all rear positions. It lacks a headrest in the centre rear position, but all other positions have adjustable ones. HTH. :)

rosey2007

We have a '99 rotting in our driveway. When it was running, it actually worked pretty well for us. It had no factory tethers, but that gave us the option to have them installed in all rear positions. It lacks a headrest in the centre rear position, but all other positions have adjustable ones. HTH. :)

What kind of issues are you having with it?

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It just hasn't been driven. The lines are all rotted out - last time DH went to move it he found there were NO breaks - it leaks, but other than neglect it was doing okay for a vehicle of its age.

tiggercat

I have an 02 Crapvan and it is on it's last legs. It has given me years of service and I haven't minded it with 3 kids, but things keep breaking (coolant hoses, starter, window motors, evap and oxygen sensors) and it is pretty much done. It won't pass the etest to renew my plates next year without significant work.

katymyers

My sister drove an '02 or an '03 Caravan for a few years. In that time (she did buy it used) she had to have the transmission completely rebuilt after numerous issues with it and it continued to have issues that she had to keep getting fixed afterward, she replaced the motor because of a cracked piston, sensors were constantly going bad... She was on a first name basis with the service manager at the Dodge dealer. A friend of mine had an '03 that they bought new that also had transmission and sensor issues but besides that, wasn't too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
The 96 I had was the worst vehicle I have ever owned, and I've owned some seriously crappy cars, so that's saying a lot. I bought it used with less than 20K miles on it and in the nearly 3 years I had it the main drive pulley for the serpentine belt sheered off, I replaced the tranny twice, the CV joint, the power steering pump, something that left me stranded in the church parking lot and cost 800 dollars to fix that was apparently so traumatic that I have blocked out what was actually broken, an engine mount, and both front seats when the recline mechanism broke causing them to stay in the reclined-flat position. When the tranny went out for the third time, I called the bank that held the note, told them that I was at the 10,000 dollar in repair mark and to come repo it.

rosey2007

The 96 I had was the worst vehicle I have ever owned, and I've owned some seriously crappy cars, so that's saying a lot. I bought it used with less than 20K miles on it and in the nearly 3 years I had it the main drive pulley for the serpentine belt sheered off, I replaced the tranny twice, the CV joint, the power steering pump, something that left me stranded in the church parking lot and cost 800 dollars to fix that was apparently so traumatic that I have blocked out what was actually broken, an engine mount, and both front seats when the recline mechanism broke causing them to stay in the reclined-flat position. When the tranny went out for the third time, I called the bank that held the note, told them that I was at the 10,000 dollar in repair mark and to come repo it.
Yikes!!! My drivers seat is broken also in my 95(which I guess are the same seats as the model you mentioned).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC