Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Best RF/convertible car seat for 2014 Grand Cherokee

Hi,

We purchased the Safety First Alpha Omega Elite car seat and had some trouble with the install. For it to be RFing, there isn't a latch to secure it in the back so it does move considerably from front to back which is concerning. Also, there does appear to be a ton of leg room. Is this normal? I can still return this seat and I am looking into others but getting quite overwhelmed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Also is it safest to have the car seat in the middle of the back seat or behind the passenger or driver's seat?

Thanks!

Lisa

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Best RF/convertible car seat for 2014 Grand Cherokee

Hi there.

Do you mean there's no top tether to use rear facing? Are you checking at the head for movement? Or at the belt path?

This seat is quite large front to back, and not very easy to install. There is a ton of leg room, yes, because of it, but not for the other people who may be in front!

How old and heavy and tall is your child, and what is your budget? That will help us with seat recommendations.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Re: Best RF/convertible car seat for 2014 Grand Cherokee

Welcome to car-seat.org! The 3-in-1 clones made by Dorel are not very well loved here due to the difficult use and their poor performance as a booster. Within the same price range, I'm sure we can recommend a seat for you that will serve you better.

I'll wait for you to answer Wendy's questions before making any recs.

It sounds like you may be concerned about movement of the seat at the head end. That is normal and safe in a rear-facing seat. You only check for movement at the belt path.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools