2nd generation 2005 Montana

ADS

katymyers

They didn't get great safety ratings, there's three tethers and the ones on the captains chairs are hard to use, the third row has a 50/50 split bench seat which can be hard to install seats on and the tether is in the center so you have to use it. They also have reliability issues, there aren't great reviews online for them, my MIL's Uplander (same vehicle) had transmission issues and finally blew a head which totaled it (it had less than 100K miles and was also an '05 so it was only 8 years old). I had a 1st gen Montana, which is different but had a lot of the same components, that had a lot of issues too. We were always fixing things on it. Finally, cargo space is limited compared to other minivans, I had difficulty fitting numerous strollers in my MIL's car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katymyers

Van has been well maintained, it is an extended version as well.

My MIL's was an extended version, it still lacked cargo space like half of what my '02 Odyssey has. They bought it Certified Used from a Chevy dealership and my FIL is a mechanic and it still went belly up. I honestly wouldn't recommend one to anyone, ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdncasper

Anyone else?

We need a vehicle, needs to be a van, we have an opportunity to get this very cheap from a family member but I want to make an informed decision. We have 1 child (1 more wanted) and I take care of 1-3 children. Need space for my DHs mobility scooter on occasion and it will be mostly driven in city for errands/school.

Dillipop

Since it's family, can you go play with it? Check to see of the scooter will fit. Make sure you can do what you want with car seats. It will only have 3 tethers and likely can't have more added- in Canada, will that be an issue for you?

cdncasper

We get to have it for 4 weeks before we make our final decision. 3 top tethers should be fine since I can put rear facets or boosters in the 3rd row.
How easy is it to get the seats out? I would have to do it by myself probably. It's has higher kms and no transmission issues, so what are the chances it will continue to be ok?

cdncasper

Awesome. I am reading the manual and the 3rd row top tether can be used for the drivers side seat or the center seat which helps lots.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC