How to buckle booster with 3 in a row?

U

Unregistered

Hello,
I have been searching everywhere for weeks to find the answer... We have a 2006 Honda Pilot and are trying to fit 3 car seats in second row. My daughter is 6 and tall for her age, fine in a backless or highback booster. My son will be 3 in July and is also tall. The baby will be coming in April. I prefer to keep my oldest two on outboard seats so they have access to opening their windows, etc.
I have tried to fit a Britax Frontier 85, Chico infant seat in middle, and graco Affix backless. I can't get my hand in-between to buckle my daughter in her booster, otherwise the seats all fit fine. I looked into a buckle extender, but apparently they aren't safe? I am thinking of buying my son a Harmony Defender (cant get myself to pay for Radian) since it is narrower than the Britax, and then doing a seatbelt installation to see if I can move the infant toward him, creating more room to buckle my daughter - will this even work? My daughter does not want to go back into a 5-point harness so I am trying to avoid that. Any other solutions to buckling a booster with 3 in a row? Thanks in advance!!
Brittany

ADS
Have you tried a seatbelt install of the Britax yet? You may be able to move things over enough with that to buckle the booster. Our Pilot is a newer one, so I think a bit wider through the 2nd row, but I know we've been able to do some 3-acrosses using seat belts that we couldn't have made work with LATCH.

Otherwise, I'm not sure. Haven't tried the Defender but it could be a good option. Our older kids are harnessed in Radians to make the 3-acrosses work. They don't mind being harnessed since they don't look like "baby seats" and they're able to buckle and unbuckle themselves. Albeebaby has them for $170 right now but it's still not cheap.

smiley

I just tried a ton of seats to get 3 across and from a booster standpoint I found the maxi cosi Rodi fix made 3 across great. It's got a narrow base at the back that makes it easier to reach a hand back to buckle. I didn't have as much luck with the non rigid latch booster version as it is just slightly different in shape on the base. It might be narrower than your current booster and buy you some room for the other seats?

Keeyamah

Also, IIRC, the Affix is a very square booster, so as another poster, other NBB may work better. Perhaps the Harmony Lite Rider/Youth Booster?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC