How Picky to be with belt retraction with boosters

LKuepfer

So I took the risk and ordered a parkway online (because I really wanted pink:p) for my almost 7 year old daughter for the back seat of our 2006 Dodge Caravan. Which is hard to fit boosters for because of the odd fitting shoulder belts. So it fits her well and will retract a bit by itself and sometimes needs help. It will go up if you help tighten it. If she's not in the seat and its buckled it retracts perfectly.My question is, is this safe and how picky do I need to be to be safe? She sits well and it can be "made" tight quite easily but won't always retract by itself. I can't return it and will have to use it else where if I cant get this to work but I really want the option of using it in the back seat if I can because she is the oldest.
Thanks

ADS

DogznKatz

You really want the vehicle belt to be on her body. If it is loose at the time of a crash, her body will have more time to move forward. The further forward she moves, the greater the chance she will come into contact with the seat in front of her and at a greater force.

LKuepfer

Thanks, that makes sense.:) So if she makes sure its tight when she buckles in and keeps it tight as we drive its okay? or is it still too risky? Sorry for all the questions, she will be my first full time booster rider so I'm still figuring the booster thing out.

jaemom

Thanks, that makes sense.:) So if she makes sure its tight when she buckles in and keeps it tight as we drive its okay? or is it still too risky? Sorry for all the questions, she will be my first full time booster rider so I'm still figuring the booster thing out.

I had to find a different booster for my 9 year old, as he kept forgetting to take the slack out every time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC