longest lasting infant seat?

bnsnyde

What's the longest lasting one on the current (or near-future) market for infant seats?
Not just a seat that sticks a 40 lb. weight limit on it, but one that has enough shell height to get a child well past age 1, and no short height limits.

I want the option to use this well past the "baby is too heavy for me to want to use an infant seat" stage. At some point I'll keep it in the car and use it like a convertible, but I want the option of taking it out in case.
I'd be installing daily, probably.
I can't use my Aton 2 because if you keep it in the base, you can't tighten the harness. I need one that functions 100% in or out of the base.
My Chaperone is expiring a month after baby arrives, so that's out too.

ADS

Brianna

Most likely the SnugRide 40. The height limit is 35", most others top out at 32". It also has the tallest shell, I believe.

MotoMommaNH

Onboard Air 35 although it does have a 32" limit...but I think its a "true" limit.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

mommyfrog

I saw an infant seat by Kiddy USA that had high limits. I'm not sure when it is available though. It might already be. I also don't know the price!

bnsnyde

Oh, neat! I looked it up. It's $400 and up to 37 inches. But there is NO weight limit at all on the website, which is weird. I mean, I need to know that.
And also, I would want to know if the shell height really means that 37 inches is realistic. Could consider it...

Can't tell from the base, but I like to knee the seat upward (with a heavy baby!) and have it click into place. This looks like it might need to be lined up or something. I have to hover my Aton2 over the base to click it, and I CAN'T do this well with a growing baby in it. I bet no stores carry it to test this out though.

We have the Kiddyworld booster and it seems OK.

bnsnyde

28.66 lbs they tell me?
No way I would buy that.
Way too low; too bad.
Why make a seat that goes to 37 inches with a small weight limit?
Then the company told me how for their own child they use the FF Kiddyworld one for their 15-month-old. But we RF to 3, sometimes close to 4.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC