Booster options for 10 year old?

Saramomofmany

My 10 year old is currently in a Britax I believe SGL. He is about 57" tall & skinny. He is not quite passing the 5 step for not having a booster. He has room to be in the Britax, but his younger sister who is 8 is outgrowing her harnessed seat, and ready to move into a booster. I was thinking of giving her my son's booster, but wasn't sure what we would do for him if we did that. Most of the boosters I've seen only go up to 57". I was looking at the Safety 1st Incognito Kid Positioning Seat

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FLXBHIU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=298B3X0K89D0Y&coliid=I50FPKN66RW7H&psc=1"]Amazon.com : Safety 1st Incognito Kid Positioning Seat, Black : Child Safety Booster Car Seats : Baby[/ame]

Anyone have any experience with this? Or any other options that might work for him. I would rather not spend $100 on a booster for someone that would use it for so little time, because he seems close to passing the 5-step test, but just not quite. I also saw the BubbleBum, but it says it only goes up to 57".

Thanks in advance. Sara

ADS

Ali

We have an Incognito for my cousin's son. He is about the same height as your son, but heavier. The belt fit is great for him. It gives him that extra bit so that the seatbelt is correct. He doesn't ride in anything with his parents, but knows my rules.

My DD is almost 10 and has used it. She is about 52 inches. The belt fit on her isn't great, but it works. She prefers the Nautilus in backless mode or the Harmony LiteRider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC