Question Newborn in Boulevard ClickTight?

MsFacetious

I have a Keyfit and one base but was just planning on moving it from vehicle to vehicle as needed.
I have no intention to use the Keyfit as a carrier, it will stay in the car and I will take baby out of it.
I planned to get a Boulevard ClickTight when the Keyfit was outgrown at 12-18 months.

However, the Boulevard CT has a 10 year life span! My short kids hit 65lbs around 7 or 8.
So I'm thinking I might use it as a second seat earlier to get more use out of it.

I will be using 2 vehicles most of the time while occasionally putting baby in a 3rd vehicle.
It would be MUCH easier to have a dedicated seat (Blvd CT) for the main vehicle (which is the hardest to install in).

I know from the review that it appears the Boulevard CT will fit a large newborn well.
I'm just wondering what the odds are that it would fit a small newborn (6lbs, 18 inches) from birth?

If baby is likely to fit with the newborn insert at that size, I would happily buy it in June and use it from birth.
If not then I will just suffer a couple of months moving the Keyfit around until baby is a bit bigger and get it then.

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

ADS

MotoMommaNH

I say the next time you see a great deal, just buy it. Like you said, with a 10 year lifespan you aren't going to lose any time letting it chill for a while if baby doesn't fit in it right away! :
And yea, I am an enabler :dance: heehee

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

MsFacetious

I say the next time you see a great deal, just buy it. Like you said, with a 10 year lifespan you aren't going to lose any time letting it chill for a while if baby doesn't fit in it right away! :
And yea, I am an enabler :dance: heehee

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

Thank you. That is pretty much my plan.
Although since I do have someone to install it for me and another seat I am happy waiting till June.

I am just hoping someone is going to say "Yes, I put my 6 pound newborn in it, here's a picture!"
That's probably wishful thinking though. I'm fairly confident from the review that it WILL work.
Since it worked without the infant padding for an 8/9 pound 20 inch doll. I think I'm safe.

I am going to play with it at BRU soon to make sure it will work and recline enough in my car.
As long as that is the case I think I will be comfortable getting it a month or so before birth. :dance:

I was already excited but I must admit that getting to buy a new carseat has me a bit more excited. :spit:

aporthole

I saw a fellow CPST post pictures of her still fresh newbie (less than 5 weeks old if I recall correctly) in a Boulevard CT. Baby fit very well. No head slump at all. The hip straps routed very low over the thighs which looked a bit funky but fit was overall very good. It looked much better than newborns I've seen in the Chicco NextFit.

I'm expecting #3 in March and will be using a Coccoro from birth in hubby's car but I'm debating between buying a new KeyFit (our old one expired) versus starting with a Boulevard CT from birth in my car. I babywear 95% of the time but do occasionally like the ability to use the carry feature of a bucket in certain situations (particularly when eating out at restaurants). The frugal side of me hates to blow $145 on a new KeyFit just to use for 6ish months. I know that money would be so much better spent on a Boulevard CT.

MsFacetious

I am glad someone has seen a newborn in the seat.
I am really feeling good about a newborn fitting as long as I can get good recline in my car.

I have some free time tonight so I am going to go look at the Blvd CT.
I won't have my car but it'll be nice to play with it anyway. I will have an 18 inch doll with me too. :rolleyes:

That is why I didn't buy a new infant seat... I couldn't justify the expense when I wanted a convertible anyway.
Honestly the ONLY time I remove the infant seat from the car is if baby is sleeping and I don't want to wake baby up.
I even used to do that with the MA and BLVD if the girls REALLY needed sleep.

I plan to wear baby when I take baby out of the car anyway.
With my girls, they were winter babies so I occasionally used the bucket.
However, for a summer baby at a restaurant I would wear baby or we'd be with family and baby would be held.

MsFacetious

CT convertibles should fit smaller newborns well. You'll have to ditch the HUGS pads but the harness slots are low enough for most full term babies, even the smaller ones. I have pics of the preemie doll in the MA CT here: http://carseatblog.com/29262/more-o...n-and-boulevard-clicktight-sneak-peek-review/

As you can see, the harness straps are too high for the tiny doll but it's not a terrible fit either. Should be fine for a 6+ pound baby. HTH!

Awesome, I didn't look at that one, just the Boulevard review. :rolleyes:
I knew I'd need to ditch the HUGS which is fine.
6.5 inches to the bottom slot with the insert. Yes, I think that is certainly manageable!
Since I will have the Keyfit as well, I am definitely quite confident that we will be fine to buy the Blvd CT in June. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC