Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

HBB recommendations for a big kid

Hi so looking for some suggestions on a booster for my son.
    He is almost 7 (Jan 29)
    Weighs 69 lbs
    Height is 51" standing
    28" sitting with back against wall to top of head
    18.5" bum to shoulder sitting with back against wall

He is currently in a Nautilus as a high back booster but seems to be close to growing out of it. I don't feel like he is ready to be in a low back booster and he sometimes still falls asleep when on long drives on the highway.

Is there a high back booster that would fit him better then the Nautilus?

Thanks for any input.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar
    We have a sunshine kids Monterey which my 11.5 year old still fits in with the back. They are now made by Diono and I think the current version is the Cambria.

CCO 4/15

Carseat Crazy
    Maybe a britax parkway? My older boys still fit. They are 9 and 10. But on the smaller side.