3 across in 2006 Mazda Tribute (Mazda's version of Ford Escape)

A

anniemorton

I would love to keep my 2006 Mazda tribute. However, we are starting to worry that we won't be able to fit our son, daughter, and forthcoming suprise baby 3 across in the back. I am completely willing to buy 3 new seats since that is way cheaper and less traumatic than a new car. I really like our chicco keyfit 30, and am ambivalent about any other seats.

When baby is born, we will have:
1. Baby- newborn. I'd love a bucket seat that can be transported in and out if the house and locks in a base.
2. Our son- 3 years old. Very tall and thin. Probably 38-40 inches and 30-32 lbs by next may. Will need to be front facing.
3. Our daughter- 18 months old. Tiny. She is pocket sized, and I doubt she'll transform into a big baby by next may. Maybe 24-28 inches and 20 lbs. Rear facing convertable.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start with new seats and how to position them?

ADS

Roselvr

I have a 2002 Mazda Tribute, which is the same as the Ford Escape & Mercury Mariner. I came here after buying 2 Safety 1st seats that will not work. I have a feeling most will not work in it unless it's a low profile like the Diono.

ceadsearc03

We have 3 across in a 2009 Escape, so assuming they are similarly sized, we have:

- RF Graco MyRide outboard
- FF Evenflo Maestro in the middle
- RF Maxi Cosi Mico on the other side, which fits with and without base

It was a PAIN to install, not going to lie, but they are all independently installed w/ seatbelts. A Radian in the middle also fit well (and will probably fit even better once we turn the MyRide FF.) I imagine there are other bucket seats that fit RF as well, but I have no idea because that is what we have always had and so what we have always used.

I also tried it with an Evenflo Tribute instead of the bucket seat and that was also possible.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC