Am I the only one..

Who is a little, I don't know, surprised? that there isn't any foam of any kind, at all whatsoever in the sides of the Marathon ClickTight? I went to BRU to check it out, spotted it from afar and basically skipped toward it. It looks SO nice. But once I stripped it down, it's just hollow, blow-molded plastic surrounded by the white external plastic.

I have no doubt at all that the hollow plastic has a force-reducing effect but where's my foam? Britax loves foam? Maybe this is a new trend I'm missing.

Attachments

• image-553491510.jpg
    image-553491510.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 107
ADS

Hazelandlucy

That is weird. I feel like I noticed that online with the other click tights as well. The car seat blog review of the boulevard looks like the same plastic sides. if it's something like the Pria's Flex Tech? That shell just looks plastic to me, but apparently there is something inside that plastic that does some good!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
They are probably up*to*here with replacing broken foam pieces (I've read a lot about broken foam pieces in my time, you young'uns have no idea, lol, and the Boulevards on our store floor broke and broke and broke--same with the Evenflo Right Fit, I'm amazed they didn't learn any lessons from everyone else about how easily EPS cracks before they designed that thing! We've thrown away numerous floor models and broken returns). And probably as annoyed with customer complaints about their insane shipping charges :rolleyes:

Funny I didn't even notice it was missing. (note to self, play with new seats more thoroughly...)

:)

They are probably up*to*here with replacing broken foam pieces (I've read a lot about broken foam pieces in my time, you young'uns have no idea, lol, and the Boulevards on our store floor broke and broke and broke--same with the Evenflo Right Fit, I'm amazed they didn't learn any lessons from everyone else about how easily EPS cracks before they designed that thing! We've thrown away numerous floor models and broken returns). And probably as annoyed with customer complaints about their insane shipping charges :rolleyes: Funny I didn't even notice it was missing. (note to self, play with new seats more thoroughly...) :)

Very true, I hadn't thought of that!

bnsnyde

Huh. Foam is my #1. If no foam, I don't buy it.
Now, I do have to be very careful because in many of our seats, I can see how it could crack easily.
Weird, though, yes.

seb3244

This is strange. How about the click tight advocate does that have foam? Also is it really close to $500? Sorry a little off topic but I want it lol.

My fav part op was that you happily skipped right to the click tight display lmao!!

featherhead

They are probably up*to*here with replacing broken foam pieces (I've read a lot about broken foam pieces in my time, you young'uns have no idea, lol, and the Boulevards on our store floor broke and broke and broke--same with the Evenflo Right Fit, I'm amazed they didn't learn any lessons from everyone else about how easily EPS cracks before they designed that thing! We've thrown away numerous floor models and broken returns). And probably as annoyed with customer complaints about their insane shipping charges :rolleyes: Funny I didn't even notice it was missing. (note to self, play with new seats more thoroughly...) :)

I just read tonight on Facebook some lady's crazy rampage against Britax cause her foam headwing broke and they told her to tape it. Her post had thousands of shares already.

Keeks64

I just read tonight on Facebook some lady's crazy rampage against Britax cause her foam headwing broke and they told her to tape it. Her post had thousands of shares already.

Crazy is an understatement lol that lady is out for Britax blood lol

Crazy is an understatement lol that lady is out for Britax blood lol

Haven't seen that one, sounds entertaining lol. I've taped lots of foam, no biggie. I guess it's all a matter of how familiar you are with the subject and whether or not you need your seats to be 100% perfect looks-wise.

(For those reading along: I've been told it will not affect the safety to tape the foam)

This is strange. How about the click tight advocate does that have foam? Also is it really close to $500? Sorry a little off topic but I want it lol. My fav part op was that you happily skipped right to the click tight display lmao!!

I'd say the Advocate and Boulevard have foam -lined headwings. That's my guess.

Yes, it really is close to $500! I'd wait for sales.

I have no shame in my car seat game, everyone who knows me knows how excited I get when there's a new seat at BRU. Look out, people!!!

bbartlettnfld

I guess I'll have to venture out to TRU soon! DH has been the lucky one doing all the Christmas shopping!

I'm surprised at the lack of foam... Interesting... I still want a foonf and infant thingy, next anyway.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC