Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: buckle fit

buckle fit

So this is for my DD, she is 8 months old, 17 pounds, and she is in a Graco Head Wise depending on the car, when I use the buckle closest to her it looks tight, but when I use the buckle next it looks like it is too far

Attachment 26695

Closest

Attachment 26696

Fat away
    Last edited by lourdes; 01-24-2015 at 09:48 PM.
    Lourdes
    mom to Amanda Victoria 6 y/o in a Graco Turbobooster and Sofia Victoria 5 m/o in a Safety 1st On Board 35 Air

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar
    What does the manual say? Slot closest but not under or slot closest , under is ok?

CCO 4/15

Quote Originally Posted by Dillipop View Post
    What does the manual say? Slot closest but not under or slot closest , under is ok?
    Don't know! I can't find the.manual 😰
    Lourdes
    mom to Amanda Victoria 6 y/o in a Graco Turbobooster and Sofia Victoria 5 m/o in a Safety 1st On Board 35 Air

CPS Technician

Re: buckle fit

http://download.gracobaby.com/Produc.../PD212616B.pdf

The manual says closest to but not under the child. Make sure her bottom is all the way back against the back of the car seat.

Ok i will check
    Lourdes

Re: buckle fit

I'm pretty sure that means the buckle should not be under the child, but the strap can be. Are both pictures with the buckle in the same spot? It's hard to tell. Both pictures look fine.

Heather ~ CRST ~ mom to...
    S ~ Harmony nbb, K ~ Parkway SG
    M ~ Radian XTSL, S ~ Fllo
    T ~ June 4, 2016 ~ Boulevard G4.1

No They are n different spots
    Lourdes

Last edited by lourdes; 01-24-2015 at 09:48 PM.
    Lourdes

To me it looks like the farther away one is not in front of her. The strap appears to be going straight down from the buckle. If so I would use that spot.

Heather ~ CRST ~ mom to...
    S ~ Harmony nbb, K ~ Parkway SG
    M ~ Radian XTSL, S ~ Fllo
    T ~ June 4, 2016 ~ Boulevard G4.1