I still love my Mazda 5

lgenne

IIHS testing results aside, I just installed a RF Radian in the 2nd row for the first time, LATCH install. I've never had such an easy time installing a Radian. And now the driver's seat can go all the way back! (The only other RF seat I've had there is the KF, which does not allow it to go all the way back.)

I have 3 RF seats in that car now, and might actually put all my kids in it later today or tomorrow. (DS3 is 4 weeks old today, and unexpectedly spent his first 9 days in the NICU, and there's been weird holiday travel and car seat shuffling, so they haven't all ridden together in that car.)

ADS

cookie123

Nice! I've never had an easy time with a Radian. And it's been quite a while since I've had one. I still want the 5. It's between that and a giant SUV! In the meantime, I drive my Prius.

katymyers

I loved my 5! I actually want Josh to buy one next year for himself. I mean, I adore my Odyssey now, and I'll never buy anything else for myself as long as I have kids living with me, but that Mazda was just soooo nice. I loved installing seats in it, I loved driving it, I loved the manual transmission, I was even able to work around the lack of cargo space without too much difficulty.

Dillipop

I found a rearfacing radian with angle adjuster super simple in the third row with seatbelt in ours as well.

I really like ours. I should be using it daily instead of our van but then I'd have to move seats. Maybe after Christmas...

Ali

I had a 2010 Maxda 3 and loved it until DD outgrew the highback part of her Nautilus. The Frontier didn't fit in the middle seat of the 3, so I essentially had a 4 seater car because there is no headrest in the middle. DH's car is a Mazda CX-5 and the middle seat is essentially useless.

We only have one DD, but often have my 1 year old nephew, cousin's kids or friends with us and it was getting to be a PITA changing out seats and figuring out which car to take whenever we had extra people with us.

We got a new 5 and I love having the extra space. I've had 4 boosters in it, all different configurations, now my nephew's Cosco Apt stays installed most of the time and we can still get everyone in without all the fuss.

I loved my 3, but the 5 will suffice for quite awhile!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SavsMom

I loved my 5 for the short time I had it. I miss the wide sliding doors, the 2nd row captains chairs and the ease of installing seats. Don't get me wrong I love my fuel efficient focus but I do miss the 2 kid friendliness of the 5.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
All I ever put in my 5 now is Incognitos, and they work great, lol.

Yeah, it's a pretty nice car for installing seats :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC