2 convertibles side by side

Hazelandlucy

On an airbus 320 (two rows of 3 seats) can I put two carseats next to each other (window and middle) and sit on the aisle? Is this legal and will they fit? Guide 65 and Coccoro. Coccoro RF, not sure what I will do with Guide, probably rear face if I can (night flight).

Called Delta to get our seats together and that was my option. I didn't fight it because it actually sounded nice to not have a stranger next to me and all my baby stuff and toddler tantrums, lol. The lady I spoke to thought it was legal but not sure if she really knows.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It is ”legal”,(doesn't violate FAA regs.) You simply cannot block an adult's egress. As for fitting, possibly? Probably even? i've only ever done two radians in a row but it sounds reasonable.

aeormsby

Yes you put the 2 seats window & center. I'm trying to remember if I ever had both seats next to each other. I'm pretty sure we did for our first trip with both kids and it would have been an Uptown and a Marathon. I don't remember if we kept DS RF or put him FF on the plane (he was over a year and DD was almost 3 at the time) DD was probably FF on the plane but still RF in the car also. I didn't take any pictures on that trip and it was 6 years ago so my memory is rather fuzzy.

Actually, we might have done window & center in front of each other that trip so DD could FF in front of DS RF and we didn't piss anyone off with not being able to recline their seat. But with 2 narrow seats (the Guide is pretty narrow also right?) I think it will work OK with all armrests up.

Dillipop

I've done rfing classic marathon next to a ffing radian before. I put the rearfacing seat at the window to avoid any possible issues of the rfing seat blocking the ffing kid. I don't think you'll have a problem with those 2 seats fitting net to each other, especially if the face different directions. Even in the same direction, you may have luck.

Hazelandlucy

Thanks so much. Hope it works. The guide actually seems quite wide in the leg area. It really does fit on the plane seat?

Does it matter where the harness straps are? There is about a 5% chance we will land with tired kids and just want to get our luggage and a taxi. So would want the straps in the RF position for the car. Is that ok if FF on the plane?

What about strap covers on the plane? I am pretty safety conscious and would make sure the harness was actually tight. I have some super thin Summer terry cloth type ones that I feel comfortable with.

Seat belt extender for the Guide?

I have flown with the Coccoro a lot, but this is my first trip with two kids and a new seat!

aeormsby

I felt OK with leaving the straps in the RF slot and using the seat FF on the plane. One flight DS fell asleep as we were landing and I managed to get the carseat off of the plane, strapped to the luggage cart, thru the airport and installed (RF) in FIL's car before he woke up (and without taking DS out of the seat).

All of our convertibles had strap covers so I never thought about that. If they velcro on and aren't too much of a hassle I might do it. If it's the kind of thing that the kiddo might complain about not having after taking them off for the car I'd skip it and just pull the shirt up to keep the strap off of the neck, and maybe leave the straps a touch looser than I usually would in the car.

Pretty sure the Guide has an open belt path right? No need or reason for a belt extender in that case (if it's going to be FF you may want a blanket to pad the back since the buckle will likely end up in the middle of the seat. My kids never complained about it though).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC