Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member thepote's Avatar

Feds to Investigate Graco's Mass Child Seat Recall

https://abcnews.go.com/US/feds-inves...ry?id=27292095

"The federal government announced today it will investigate whether child product maker Graco delayed what the government called the largest child seat recall in U.S. history after learning of a safety defect in the seats’ harness buckles."

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Feds to Investigate Graco's Mass Child Seat Recall

Interesting...wonder if Evenflo will also be involved eventually. They are just as "guilty" of waiting in my mind.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
    Michelle

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MotoMommaNH View Post
    Interesting...wonder if Evenflo will also be involved eventually. They are just as "guilty" of waiting in my mind.

Except they quietly changed their buckles when a possible issue was noticed, didn't delay the recall once informed NHTSA wanted it, and got replacement buckles out in a timely manner...
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

5. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by ketchupqueen View Post
    Except they quietly changed their buckles when a possible issue was noticed, didn't delay the recall once informed NHTSA wanted it, and got replacement buckles out in a timely manner...

Yeah, and they didn't blame parents for their malfunctioning seats. I'd never once let my kids eat ANYTHING in their MyRides, despite that I got called a liar on the phone with Graco when I called about my buckle being stuck. I know the issue is fixed now but I still can't bring myself to buy a Graco seat anytime soon. The whole matter left a bad taste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by katymyers View Post
    Yeah, and they didn't blame parents for their malfunctioning seats. I'd never once let my kids eat ANYTHING in their MyRides, despite that I got called a liar on the phone with Graco when I called about my buckle being stuck. I know the issue is fixed now but I still can't bring myself to buy a Graco seat anytime soon. The whole matter left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Yeah, I'm not sure they ever backed down from blaming parents for it.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Quote Originally Posted by ketchupqueen View Post
    I agree they handled it better (sent me and my friends new buckles right away when asked before recalling).

But were they asked by NHTSA to recall the same time as Graco?
    I just know they didn't actually recall until after them.

Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by MotoMommaNH View Post
    I agree they handled it better (sent me and my friends new buckles right away when asked before recalling).

But were they asked by NHTSA to recall the same time as Graco?
    I just know they didn't actually recall until after them.

They were not asked to until after Graco, and from what I understand immediately agreed upon a time to do so and took that time to ready a response with kits immediately available, rather than arguing and delaying.