Cardiff Headrest thingy for NBboosters?

Lemonade

What are the feelings on this product?

DS is going to be 9 in two weeks. He's small but has actually gained on the growth chart this year in a significant way...for him. He's 49-50# and 49.5". He rides in a Monterey, but I have a Sante Fe (backless Monterey) in my 3rd row and he's allowed to ride in it for short trips and chooses that whenever possible. Considering the Sante Fe as his full time seat. But I feel like I want some head protection. We have another road trip in December and then we won't until summer so perhaps after winter break.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I have one for my ten year old. She loves it but it's wide. I have to put it off-center or she leans out of the belt when sleeping.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
We have one and love it. I only install it for long trips but it's worth its weight in gold for those occasions.

What are the feelings on this product?

DS is going to be 9 in two weeks. He's small but has actually gained on the growth chart this year in a significant way...for him. He's 49-50# and 49.5". He rides in a Monterey, but I have a Sante Fe (backless Monterey) in my 3rd row and he's allowed to ride in it for short trips and chooses that whenever possible. Considering the Sante Fe as his full time seat. But I feel like I want some head protection. We have another road trip in December and then we won't until summer so perhaps after winter break.

Dillipop

We have one and love it. I only install it for long trips but it's worth its weight in gold for those occasions.

We have one as well. I use it for myself and it is super helpful on long trips. I also have to install it off center to comfortably rest my head on it. And for an adult, I install it backwards to get the wings high enough. For a kid, the regular way should work well .

njkj

I am thinking about getting one for DS who will be 10 when we take our trip to Disney land!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, it's cool for long trips. And it's an incredibly well made product, look around for deals (I got mine at Zulilly for $34), but for sure it's gonna last a lifetime for the money.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, it's cool for long trips. And it's an incredibly well made product, look around for deals (I got mine at Zulilly for $34), but for sure it's gonna last a lifetime for the money.

Actually, mine fell apart unprovoked after 3 months in the car. :eek:

However, they replaced it immediately when I emailed. (Might have helped that the email I got was apparently the president of the company and I mentioned I'm a CPST? Lol)

I'm willing to accept mine as an isolated incident until I hear otherwise though.

Dillipop

The only thing I don't like about mine is that wen I have it out of the car, there is no way to secure the clips to the headrest so they don't get lost. Otherwise, I really like it. And I spent the full &50 on it.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The only thing I don't like about mine is that wen I have it out of the car, there is no way to secure the clips to the headrest so they don't get lost. Otherwise, I really like it. And I spent the full &50 on it.

Yeah, the clips to attach it to the vehicle head restraint are problematic, IMO, because there's no way to attach them to the Cardiff for storage. They're also *barely* long enough to attach it to my Acura MDX head restraint. Otherwise, it works very well for me. I don't particularly like having my dd sit behind me when I'm using it, though, because I do feel like it's a hazard for her if we are to get in a crash, especially if I rotate the wings up and out of my way. But if you're using it in a 3rd row, go for it!

I bought mine on Amazon and can't remember what I paid, but it wasn't $50. I can't remember when I bought it but I do remember using it over Labor Day weekend, so it wasn't terribly long ago.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC