Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

'professional' bags

My parents are going to get me a new work bag for Xmas. Right now I'm just using a plain canvas tote for files, then a laptop bag, plus my purse. I only want to carry one bag from here on out! So I need it to carry my laptop, charger,files, note book, planner, various pens, pencils, post it notes, plus purse stuff- wallet, a few emergency meds, two cellphones, as well as other random stuff I use for meetings, but gets left in my car and pulled out as needed. Oh and snacks! I also always carry a water bottle, and it would be nice if there was room for it, but its not a demand. I prefer cross body style, but tote style handles are fine as well-- although bonus points for both. Lots of pockets would be awesome.

I've looked at this one http://www.luglife.com/Chariot-Work-...&category=1724, but not sure I love the fabric. I do like the cream color though. My preffered color is grey but I'm not going to get that picky. I'm also fine with a tasteful pattern.

Suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member krasota's Avatar

Re: 'professional' bags

Do you want it to look more feminine? I tend to prefer durable laptop messenger bags myself, but I'm not girly.

http://www.timbuk2.com/function-ipad-kindle-laptop-bags
    Ronan (04/07) five steps!
    Aenea (03/12) FF RXT

Quote Originally Posted by krasota View Post
    Do you want it to look more feminine? I tend to prefer durable laptop messenger bags myself, but I'm not girly.

http://www.timbuk2.com/function-ipad-kindle-laptop-bags
    Doesn't have to look feminine, but i'd perfer it not to be 'clunky', if that makes sense (no big plastic buckles, etc). I liked a couple of the bags on the website, so that's helpful.

Senior Community Member aeormsby's Avatar

I love Sherpani - www.sherpani.com They just had a buy 1 get 2 free sale so I'm not sure if they'll have any more sales before the holidays.
    Ann

DD - 1/06 - 5-stepping
    DS - 12/07 - Incognito, Recaro Performance Booster & Harmony Literiders
    And a Bubble Bum for backup/travel

Quote Originally Posted by aeormsby View Post
    I love Sherpani - www.sherpani.com They just had a buy 1 get 2 free sale so I'm not sure if they'll have any more sales before the holidays.

I'd go with a Sherpani bag too. They're very functional and professional looking without being too 'much'. They're pretty but not frilly. And they aren't outrageously priced. I'm thinking about replacing my diaper bag with one soon, I really like them.

Quote Originally Posted by katymyers View Post

I'd go with a Sherpani bag too. They're very functional and professional looking without being too 'much'. They're pretty but not frilly. And they aren't outrageously priced. I'm thinking about replacing my diaper bag with one soon, I really like them.
    I just got the Sherpani Nuvie diaper bag and it's awesome! I really love Sherpani too!
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.