Got my Radian Upgrades!!!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats/photo#5122680017468849458 (and the 4 pictures after that one).

The crotch strap is only a tad longer, but I still like it. The buckle tongs (I give up, if that's the word they want to use, I'll use it, lol) are wider and more angled. Paired up with the new chest clip, I *really* like the fit of this harness on an older kid. Note that I also *really* liked the fit of the lock-tite on her when she was teeny, so it's not all bad, and I'm easy to please. :thumbsup:

ADS

arly1983

http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats/photo#5122680017468849458 (and the 4 pictures after that one).

The crotch strap is only a tad longer, but I still like it. The buckle tongs (I give up, if that's the word they want to use, I'll use it, lol) are wider and more angled. Paired up with the new chest clip, I *really* like the fit of this harness on an older kid. Note that I also *really* liked the fit of the lock-tite on her when she was teeny, so it's not all bad, and I'm easy to please. :thumbsup:

I love the fit of the locktite on DD but the new chest clip is sooooo much better on DS.

southpawboston

nice! :thumbsup: if only i could get a couple of those "tongs" for the RYS (which has the same buckle).

as an aside, i've also heard them called latchplates.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
nice! :thumbsup: if only i could get a couple of those "tongs" for the RYS (which has the same buckle).

as an aside, i've also heard them called latchplates.

Yeah, they probably are latchplates, just like the seatbelt... but ack, too confusing to have too many parts with the same names, lol. :D

USmominOz

Last night I changed over my chest clip and buckle tongs. Took me all of 5 minutes to do it. Ds wanted to sit in the new seat. I am now just waiting for the longer buckle.

ThreeBeans

very nice. I am perfectly happy with the length of my crotch straps but I can't wait for the new buckle thingies.

canadianmom2three

Haaaa, I got an email from SK canada where she called them tounges...closer than tongs, but they still don't quite have it right:p...or maybe it was just a typo, either way I found it mildly hilarious (I think I may have been up a wee bit too late, gotten a little silly;))

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
As far as I've ever known, tongues IS the correct term...Russ has been driving us nuts by calling them tongs :D (still, that's the metal part that should be the tongue, not 'the part through which the strap passes', which seems to really not have a name (free sliding latchplate we'd call it in a car)... IMMI makes the most of them, maybe we should ask them what they should be called, lol.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
If it's a lot of work, don't bother Julie (and it doesn't have to be right away, just whenever), but can you do a comparison of the old and the new? Like Leah in the Radian with the old buckle and then with the new buckle?

I'm just curious. Plus, Leah isn't that much bigger than Taryn, so it'll be interesting to see.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If it's a lot of work, don't bother Julie (and it doesn't have to be right away, just whenever), but can you do a comparison of the old and the new? Like Leah in the Radian with the old buckle and then with the new buckle?

I'm just curious. Plus, Leah isn't that much bigger than Taryn, so it'll be interesting to see.

Yeah, I'm just pooped from all the fun I had doing that yesterday and thought, "I should get pics in both...." But I didn't :rolleyes:
http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats/photo#4968702826670653458
That's her in the old stuff at 6 months (dang, what a fat baby, lol), and now http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats/photo#5122680189267541314
You can kind of get an idea that the new bits are a better fit to a bigger kid, anyway :)

mcomommy

Wow those are quite different in size! That is awesome that they will send those to you if you need them :thumbsup:

bp2002

question, when i look at the skj website, the only chestclip i see is the lock tite, which i have and dont love. I even called them and tha is all they offered me. How did you get the newer chest piece that is on the picture w/ leah now? thanks!!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
From Britax :) (I just called it the prototype style because it WAS actually pictured on the seat when they first showed us pictures of it, and SK has told people they could use a Britax clip if they wanted to... I just didn't want to be all 'loud' about it on my page there in case anyone accused me of major misuse)

:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC