Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Question Vehicle seat protectors under car seats

If I put a towel (or rubber floor mat) under my son's car seat, does this invalidate the warranty of the car seat in the case of an accident? Do I have to use a Britax seat protector to not invalidate the car seat's warranty by use of a seat protector? Basically, what are my options for protecting the vehicle's seat without messing with the proper installation, safety, and warranty of a car seat?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: Vehicle seat protectors under car seats

If you have a Britax seat and the Britax seat protector works in your car with the lower anchors or seat belt and you get a solid install of the car seat, you should be fine. A thin towel can work as well.

If there are issues with the above, remember indents left by car seats go away, and seats can be cleaned, and protecting your child is more important than protecting the vehicle seat

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

This blog is helpful comparing the regularly found mats on the market... http://carseatblog.com/21536/vehicle...-need-to-know/
    Gives a good rundown of what to look for in a tight install and how these can interfere. Generally, the thinner the mat, the better.
    As for leather, yeah, dents pop out and can get wiped. After 11 years, I traded my minivan and the leather was the only part of the car that looked nice (*rock solid installs* for three kids, but the chocolate milk some dimwit let them have never did clean out of the carpet, lol)
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

I use a flat sheet in our sedan- twin covers the entire back seat and the excess hangs down in front.