Radian harness straps

Holly

Why aren't they removable? What happens if they are damaged? Will SKJP just send you a new seat since you can't use the one with the damaged harness or do you just have to replace the seat yourself? I also just read the warrenty info in my manual and it says it's a 1 year warranty, does that mean if anything happens to the seat after a year then they won't do anything to fix it?
What exactly is the warrenty for? Just for parts and other things that might break and if you have a warranty they replace them?
The whole "voiding the warranty" thing, does that just mean if you use something that voids the warranty then they don't have to replace anything that goes wrong?
Lets say you use something with it that "voids the warranty" but something else breaks that has nothing to do with that other part you are using, do they not fix that since you have a part thats not theirs?

I just ordered the Britax clip and wide buckle tongues and longer crotch strap. Since the tongues and strap are SJKP products, they are not considered aftermarket products right?
Lets say I use the Britax clip and the bottom of the seat cracks or something, since the 2 are not related, would SKJP fix it and send me a new seat or No because I used the Britax clip?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
How would they know? :rolleyes: (ie, keep your original chest clip in case you ever have to send the seat back).

But, I really think we use that as a threat to keep people from mixing and matching parts willy nilly, there's really not anything to it, in terms of them replacing a defective seat

Now that harness thing bugs me... mine's getting pretty grubby and I have 6 more years of use on the seat... how gross will they be after a thousand more french fries and maybe a little barf? :eek:

As for the one year limit... I think carseat makers are sometimes give more leeway in that because of the potential for lawsuits... at least Britax is... I think the other brands only have like a 90 day warranty? But often if you have a valid complaint they'll give good customer service even after the warranty is up.

And yes, if you buy it from SK it's not considered an aftermarket/unapproved part, so you're good there :)

arly1983

That thought crossed my mind VERY recently. DD throw up her breakfest (prunes and soy milk) all over her carseat (and my van).

Her carseat was a britax and I removed eveything with very little trouble and rinsed the straps in the tub in plain water untill they were clean (lots and lots of rinsing). I have two radians and I was thinking about how I could possibly do the same....I guess prop the radian on the side of the tub?

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

That would be a deal breaker for me if everything else wasn't so great on the seat. It is the only seat that I can get in my car for DD once she outgrows the BLVD/MA seats. I think might be able to fit a Regent but would not have room for three passengers in my middle row. I'd love to see the Safeguard child seat compared to the Regent in my vehicle. I wish too that Radians had straps that could come off for a rinse. :(

Holly

So since they can't come off, if they got damaged or something, would SKJP send you a whole new seat? Do you think they do that so people dont take them off and put them back on wrong?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
So since they can't come off, if they got damaged or something, would SKJP send you a whole new seat? Do you think they do that so people dont take them off and put them back on wrong?

I sure HOPE they'd send out a new seat... maybe they'll redesign it if they lose enough money. I suppose it is to prevent people messing it up... but if the 'low end' sellers can trust their customers to replace straps ($2 for a new harness from Dorel!), then surely the average SK customer can be trusted....?:confused:

arly1983

Did they ever do anything for the lady whose dog/cat peed on her radian and she couldn't get her straps to give them a good wash? Does anyone else remember that?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Do you think they do that so people dont take them off and put them back on wrong?

I was looking at the harness and where it's attached at the bottom when I first got mine, and I think it's the design that prevents the harness from being removable - I suspect it's related to the seat folding and maybe not an intentional part of the design, but one that was necessitated based on where they wanted the hip straps anchored and how the seat folded. That's my thinking anyways..

Did they ever do anything for the lady whose dog/cat peed on her radian and she couldn't get her straps to give them a good wash? Does anyone else remember that?

I believe there were a bunch of ideas gone through and there was a specific product recommended that she used to clean the straps and it got rid of the smell. It was a non-toxic disinfectant from melaleuca called sol-u-guard. (I remember because I was surprised to see a less commonly known product recommended. :)) The product use herbs and melaleuca oil for disinfecting, and doesn't have any abrasive matter or chemicals in it, so I can see how it would be safe to use. It's also very effective at killing bacteria - something like 99.8%, and since bacteria is what cause smells to linger, killing the bacteria would've gotten rid of the smell.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC