Car advice please

everashley

So we're looking into getting a new car. Currently in my old 05 corolla. We have dd 4.5 in a britax frontier 90 and will have a new little one in a keyfit and then a marathon or radian rf in a few months.

Looking for a midsize suv with 3 rows. Are there any that would be able to accommodate a ff and rf seat in the back row?

I'm interested in a pathfinder or rogue, Santa Fe, highlander, pilot, outlander, journey, Sorento or cx9. I'm sure the pilot would work but not sure I wanna go that big.

Thanks!

ADS

jjordan

I think pretty much any vehicle can fit two car seats in a 3-seat row. Are you looking for a 3-row SUV that has two seating positions in the third row and can handle two car seats back there? If so, you'll want to make sure that you have at least one top tether anchor back there for the FF seat. What are the other factors in your vehicle decision?

Two of our friends have 7-passenger Sorentos and like them. I'm not sure offhand where the top tether anchors are located.

Sorry I'm not more help!

biddyk8

I have a 3 row journey and it has no top tethers in the 3rd row for ffing, and no rfing seat I've tried fits back there, it does easily do 3 across though

jacqui276

I have a 3 row journey and it has no top tethers in the 3rd row for ffing, and no rfing seat I've tried fits back there, it does easily do 3 across though

I have a journey as well (2013) with the third row and I was almost able to get a rfing radian with angle adjuster in the back but needed just another inch at most to make it work. Maybe something shorter would work. It doesn't have top tethers so ffing seats are a no go. It has nice tall head rests though so is great for booster riders.

biddyk8

I have a journey as well (2013) with the third row and I was almost able to get a rfing radian with angle adjuster in the back but needed just another inch at most to make it work. Maybe something shorter would work. It doesn't have top tethers so ffing seats are a no go. It has nice tall head rests though so is great for booster riders.

Yep I've tried a tribute, sure ride and mico. The tribute and sure ride were both so close but not quite right. If you took the middle row head rest off it works but, if you need them in third row, you probably need that position so it rules it out

jacqui276

Yep I've tried a tribute, sure ride and mico. The tribute and sure ride were both so close but not quite right. If you took the middle row head rest off it works but, if you need them in third row, you probably need that position so it rules it out

My middle row head rests don't come off and according to my manual need to be removed by a dealer which makes that a bit of a hassle as well. I tried to remove it for installing ffing seats because they angle forward making it harder to get a good install with no luck so looked through my car manual and they are permanently in there apparently.

biddyk8

My middle row head rests don't come off and according to my manual need to be removed by a dealer which makes that a bit of a hassle as well. I tried to remove it for installing ffing seats because they angle forward making it harder to get a good install with no luck so looked through my car manual and they are permanently in there apparently.

Oh they must have changed that, I have an 09 and I have the head rest off one side so dd has a better view out the rear window.

Keeks64

2011 and newer journey's have none removable head restraints :/ they are weird & almost curved & angle forward - total PITA for some seats FF in the 2nd row

I had a 2009 7 passenger & hated it! Nothing fit in the 3rd row .... not adults not car seats & my 8 year old nephew & 11 year old niece barely did ... Booster fit can be tricky with the shallow depth of the 3rd row.

I traded my 09' for a 5 passenger 12' & I don't mind the gas mileage but it's getting traded soon because I don't love it .... It's roomy but the lack of 3 across abilities sucks

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC