Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Really expired Britax seats

Someone is trying to sell a Marathon and Roundabout from 2003 (for $40 each!). Should I suggest that she try to sell the covers, or are they so old that their covers won't work on any currently-in-service Britax seats?

They expired in 2009, right?

Thanks.
    Mom to tall guy, 6, in a Frontier 90 and Graco Affix
    - - - and small guy (not so small any more!), 3, RFing in a Clek Fllo and Cosco Scenera NEXT

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member rachelandtyke's Avatar

Re: Really expired Britax seats

Expired in 2009.

I think all the original Roundabouts might be expired now, but I could be wrong. They might have a couple of years left.

The Marathon cover will work on a Classic Marathon or Roundabout 50.

But be prepared for the seller to argue that they are perfectly fine because . . . and not take down the seats. It seems very few CL sellers are receptive.
    DD1: 14, finally five-stepping!
    DS: 10, LBTB, Harmony Youth Booster
    DD2: 6, Chicco KidFit, HBTB w/ SS

This is on a local neighborhood mailing list. I'm sure she has gotten a HUGE earful. :-D

Thanks very much for the info about the covers.
    Mom to tall guy, 6, in a Frontier 90 and Graco Affix
    - - - and small guy (not so small any more!), 3, RFing in a Clek Fllo and Cosco Scenera NEXT