Question Radian vs Britax ease of use

U

Unregistered

Hi all! We currently have britax marathons RF in both cars for my 2.5 year old. He is small for his age and still has plenty of growing room. We need to buy another convertible for my second son and want to make sure we make a good purchase. I'm tempted to buy another set of marathons as we have been very pleased with the ease of installation and use. However, I also think it might be nice to have a narrower seat so have considered a radian r100. How easy are they to install correctly compared to a britax? I know RF limits are often used as a selling point for the radian, but I am less concerned about that since my kids are tiny (at the rate he's growing, my 2.5 year old could easily ride RF another year or so). Ease of installation is my #1 consideration as I know a carseat is only effective if installed correctly (and we do occasionally move them from car to car so always going to a technician isn't the most practical).

Thanks for your help!

ADS

jjordan

Welcome to car-seat.org! I own both Britax seats and Radians, and I find that the Britax seats are much easier to install and use. However, Radian seats certainly have fans. In some cars they are quite easy to install, but in other cars, they are very difficult. Since you say that your #1 concern is ease of installation, then I personally would go with a Britax over a Radian. In case you are not aware, Britax recently came out with a few new models, so you might want to check out the options in a store (Babies R Us and similar stores will usually let you try floor model seats in your car if you want) before you decide for sure on what to get. You can find reviews of many convertible seats (including Britax and Diono options) on carseatblog. :) Do let us know if you have more questions!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC