Question 2014 Subaru Impreza Wagon

U

Unregistered

Hello- My husband and I have been researching for what seems like ages on the perfect convertible car seat for our little one. We want to keep her rear facing as long as possible. She is ten months old and weighs 19lbs. I'm not sure of her height exactly, but she is of average height. We cannot get a straight answer on a good seat simply through our internet searches as there seems to be so many conflicting suggestions, and a lot of people seem to think we can't get a seat to fit rear facing at all! All of this to ask...What is the best convertible carseat to rear face (preferable in the center) in our 2014 Subaru impreza wagon?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi there.

There is no best, which is why there's so much conflicting issue.

How tall are the front seat people, and what is your budget? Right now do you have her infant seat secured with LATCH or the seatbelt?

Wendy

U

Unregistered

Our budget is very open. Probably anything under $300. My husband is 6ft and I am 5'5".

U

Unregistered

Apologies, I did not respond to the last. We use the seat belt in this car as the base in installed in my husbands Forester with latch.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Our budget is very open. Probably anything under $300. My husband is 6ft and I am 5'5".

I'd look at the Graco 4Ever and Britax Boulevard and Marathon ClickTight. Those are compact and long lasting.

Apologies, I did not respond to the last. We use the seat belt in this car as the base in installed in my husbands Forester with latch.

It's installed on the side of the Forester? The middle does not have lower anchors.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

I think he just uses the two lower inner anchors from the outboard seats. Is this acceptable? It seemed tighter than the belt. And thanks so much for the suggestions! I feel we have a place to start now.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I think he just uses the two lower inner anchors from the outboard seats. Is this acceptable? It seemed tighter than the belt. And thanks so much for the suggestions! I feel we have a place to start now.

No. Subaru does not allow it, and it's very possible your seat doesn't as well. You need to switch to the seatbelt before you drive again.

Wendy

gigi

I have a 2012 Impreza. There is loads of room for a RF seat. We had a Coccoro and then a Boulevard, both fit with my 6'2" husband in front when necessary and I had plenty of room to sit in front of them.

I think because of the way the seat is in the back, you might have better luck outboard than in the middle.

U

Unregistered

Thank you. We switched the base to a seatbelt install in his Forester. Lastly, do you know anything about the maxi cosi pria car seats? My husband just saw a commercial and requested I inquire. Thanks for all of your help!

jjordan

Here is a review of the Maxi Cosi Pria. The same site (carseat blog) has many more reviews if you would like to do more research. I would caution you against reading too many reviews on sites like Amazon, since you have no idea who is doing the reviews and how much they actually know about car seats. Glad to have you here asking questions!

U

Unregistered

Thank you for the review link. It was thorough and so helpful. I have one last question. We live in a relatively small town. Is there a database or directory to find the closest car seat check location? As it was pointed out that we had been installig our infant seat incorrectly with latch, I would love to have someone check our convertible seat installation once we get it. Thank you again.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC