Best combo seat for carpool?

perrymelis

I might need a 2nd combination seat for taking an additional 3 yo to pre-school. Budget friendly preferred. Vehicle is a 2012 Odyssey. Space is not an issue, we only have 2 other carseats installed right now. TIA!

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Size of the kid?

For a small child, the new-style Evenflo Chase would be a good choice. Weight limit is 40 lbs, though.

For a medium child, the Evenflo Maestro is a good choice with a 50 lb limit. It costs a little more than the Chase.

For a larger kid, the Harmony Defender 360 is a good choice, with a 65 lb limit.

For a giant kid... well, giant kids and "budget friendly" don't go well together so I won't go there unless we have to. :D

perrymelis

Size of the kid?

For a small child, the new-style Evenflo Chase would be a good choice. Weight limit is 40 lbs, though.

For a medium child, the Evenflo Maestro is a good choice with a 50 lb limit. It costs a little more than the Chase.

For a larger kid, the Harmony Defender 360 is a good choice, with a 65 lb limit.

For a giant kid... well, giant kids and "budget friendly" don't go well together so I won't go there unless we have to. :D
He is average height and about 33 lbs (still in 3t shirts I think). He's about to grow out of his Roundabout in Mom's car height wise.
Ugh, I know all about the big kids not being friendly to the budget. Our 18 mo old ds has less than 2 inches in his Blvd rf. That's another thing. ..sld I buy ds his next seat (Frontier CT) and use that for the 3yo when carpooling until ds needs it (cld be 6 mo or a year[emoji53]) ?

Brigala

CPST Instructor
He is average height and about 33 lbs (still in 3t shirts I think). He's about to grow out of his Roundabout in Mom's car height wise.
Ugh, I know all about the big kids not being friendly to the budget. Our 18 mo old ds has less than 2 inches in his Blvd rf. That's another thing. ..sld I buy ds his next seat (Frontier CT) and use that for the 3yo when carpooling until ds needs it (cld be 6 mo or a year[emoji53]) ?

Probably not a bad idea if you are already sure you know what you'll want next. Although actually if it were me I'd consider something like a Boulevard ClickTight, because you could RF your child in it and then let the carpool kid use the current Boulevard. The Blvd CT has a much higher height limit for RF, and *almost* as high a height limit FF as the Frontier (well, about an inch less, but still enough for all but the tallest kids).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC