Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

I need to get my almost 4 year old a new seat. We've been using the titan 65 as his everyday seat and we don't love it at all. We have a long trip coming up before thanksgiving and definitely don't want to use it for that. He is maybe 34 pounds but almost 43 inches tall. Tried him in a frontier and just felt like he was swimming in it, but with his height maybe the best bet. He has right around a 15" torso. I've looked at the frontier, the prosport, and also the pria 85, and even the new blvd. Just want something that will be comfortable for long rides. Thanks!

image-99812086.jpg

Recent pic in the Titan 65

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

What about a Nautilus? It only has about 1" less of harness height than the Titan 65.

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

I had considered one, just afraid of head slump. We make several long road trips a year and he still sleeps in the car quite a bit.

Re: Need ideas, can't make a decision

ld try the pria. It's so cushy!! And I believe 18" top slots. Plus a built in cup holder witch can be handy while traveling.
    I wouldn't normally recommend a pria for FFING only, but I think around here we buy dedicated boosters anyway.
    Kelley- mom of seven!

I feel like I'm on the Pria bandwagon today, haha. They should hire me for PR. Anywho, we have major Pria love in my house. It has nice top slots, maybe not as tall as the Sureride, but my will-be-7-in-December DS hasn't even come close to maxing out the height adjustment. My 4.5yo has acres of room to go in that seat. The Pria requires recline position 2 for FF under 40lbs. I find that I am very easily able to install it more and less upright depending on my mood, while still having the seat in position 2. If I'm going on a long drive where I know DD will be sleeping and she's chosen FF for the trip, I install it nice and reclined. For day to day use, I install it more upright. Still in recline position 2 though. You can't find a more comfy, cushy seat out there, either.

Colton 12/21/07 48" 46 lbs- Performance Booster and ProBooster
    Cheyenne 01/05/10 39" 35 lbs- RXT and Pria

Quote Originally Posted by Lenae View Post
    I feel like I'm on the Pria bandwagon today, haha. They should hire me for PR. Anywho, we have major Pria love in my house. It has nice top slots, maybe not as tall as the Sureride, but my will-be-7-in-December DS hasn't even come close to maxing out the height adjustment. My 4.5yo has acres of room to go in that seat. The Pria requires recline position 2 for FF under 40lbs. I find that I am very easily able to install it more and less upright depending on my mood, while still having the seat in position 2. If I'm going on a long drive where I know DD will be sleeping and she's chosen FF for the trip, I install it nice and reclined. For day to day use, I install it more upright. Still in recline position 2 though. You can't find a more comfy, cushy seat out there, either.
    I admit your Pria love has intrigued me for a long time, but I still don't have one!
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny_84 View Post
    I had considered one, just afraid of head slump. We make several long road trips a year and he still sleeps in the car quite a bit.
    FWIW, we have a Frontier and a Nautilus and head slump is major in the Frontier but not so much in the Nautilus.

We've never had head slump in the Frontier 90!
    -Linnea
    M 2/25/09 43 pounds rfing in two Radian xtsls
    E 7/16/11 26 pounds rfing in a Roundabout 50 & TFSI

Leaning towards the pria, would you pick the 85 over the 70 for any reason?

Carseat Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny_84 View Post
    Leaning towards the pria, would you pick the 85 over the 70 for any reason?
    The 85 has a easy to remove washable cover and harness holders and the head wings are D shaped and thinner. Probably for older kids with bigger heads.

The 2015 Pria 70 will have the easy off cover.