Question Need ideas, can't make a decision

Sunny_84

I need to get my almost 4 year old a new seat. We've been using the titan 65 as his everyday seat and we don't love it at all. We have a long trip coming up before thanksgiving and definitely don't want to use it for that. He is maybe 34 pounds but almost 43 inches tall. Tried him in a frontier and just felt like he was swimming in it, but with his height maybe the best bet. He has right around a 15" torso. I've looked at the frontier, the prosport, and also the pria 85, and even the new blvd. Just want something that will be comfortable for long rides. Thanks!

image-99812086.jpg

Recent pic in the Titan 65

ADS

Sunny_84

I had considered one, just afraid of head slump. We make several long road trips a year and he still sleeps in the car quite a bit.

Kel

ld try the pria. It's so cushy!! And I believe 18" top slots. Plus a built in cup holder witch can be handy while traveling.
I wouldn't normally recommend a pria for FFING only, but I think around here we buy dedicated boosters anyway.

Lenae

I feel like I'm on the Pria bandwagon today, haha. They should hire me for PR. Anywho, we have major Pria love in my house. It has nice top slots, maybe not as tall as the Sureride, but my will-be-7-in-December DS hasn't even come close to maxing out the height adjustment. My 4.5yo has acres of room to go in that seat. The Pria requires recline position 2 for FF under 40lbs. I find that I am very easily able to install it more and less upright depending on my mood, while still having the seat in position 2. If I'm going on a long drive where I know DD will be sleeping and she's chosen FF for the trip, I install it nice and reclined. For day to day use, I install it more upright. Still in recline position 2 though. You can't find a more comfy, cushy seat out there, either.

cookie123

I feel like I'm on the Pria bandwagon today, haha. They should hire me for PR. Anywho, we have major Pria love in my house. It has nice top slots, maybe not as tall as the Sureride, but my will-be-7-in-December DS hasn't even come close to maxing out the height adjustment. My 4.5yo has acres of room to go in that seat. The Pria requires recline position 2 for FF under 40lbs. I find that I am very easily able to install it more and less upright depending on my mood, while still having the seat in position 2. If I'm going on a long drive where I know DD will be sleeping and she's chosen FF for the trip, I install it nice and reclined. For day to day use, I install it more upright. Still in recline position 2 though. You can't find a more comfy, cushy seat out there, either.

I admit your Pria love has intrigued me for a long time, but I still don't have one!

AllieK

I had considered one, just afraid of head slump. We make several long road trips a year and he still sleeps in the car quite a bit.

FWIW, we have a Frontier and a Nautilus and head slump is major in the Frontier but not so much in the Nautilus.

Hazelandlucy

Leaning towards the pria, would you pick the 85 over the 70 for any reason?

The 85 has a easy to remove washable cover and harness holders and the head wings are D shaped and thinner. Probably for older kids with bigger heads.

The 2015 Pria 70 will have the easy off cover.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC