Question Help with Britax Frontier 85SICT in 3rd row Sienna

U

Unregistered

Hi All!
Hoping someone here can help. I have a 2013 Toyota Sienna. I have a 15mo RF and a 4 y/o FF on the 2 captain's chairs. Currently my 6 y/o is in a Britax Frontier 85SICT in the middle of the 3rd row. He's still in harness mode. I'd like to fit a 4th car seat in for carpooling which would necessitate moving my son's seat to the side of the 3rd row...NO LATCH! He's at a weight (just over 40lbs) where the seat should be installed using seatbelt, but what do I do about the top tether?? Is it safe to use without? If not, can I create an anchor point using the seat??

THANK YOU!!!

Tracy

ADS

smiley

I'm not a tech, but I think top tether is required at 65 lbs. I have a frontier 85 seat as well and tried it long belt path outboard and found it to be very tall (blocked my view) for my 6 yo - although probably not anymore than center is blocked with it there. I struggle with a very similar setup, but have a 4 th kid. I've always wondered if there was something under the seat that Toyota would let you tether to...like something structural. Similar to how one would rf tether to the front seat leg. I know you can't tether borrow, but some days I wish there was a secret alternate tether that toyota would say is usable.
Who are you carpooling? Can you just use a bubblebum booster outboard for them?

U

Unregistered

Thanks for your response! Do you mean that 65lbs as the child's weight or child's weight + seat??

I'm now thinking about maybe moving the frontier to the captain's chair and using it harnessed for my 4 year old, moving her britax advocate for the baby, and getting a new booster for my 6 year old. Anyone have any recs for safe booster for a tall and skinny guy? He's about 46 inches and 45 lbs...

Thanks!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC