bubble bum

pj2rc

I need 2 Bubble bums for an upcoming trip, but since we already own 7 boosters for 2 kids, my hubby will go off his rocker if I spend $60 on 2 more seats. Does anyone know of any deals now or coming up (black Friday?). Or, is there a way to get boosters (not convertible) on an airplane otherwise?

ADS

aept

Are any of your seven boosters nbb's? Are they all high backs that do not turn into a no-back? (Is that what you meant by "not convertible"?)
We bought two harmony youth boosters for travel because of an airplane trip. The two children (who were using them at the destination) each carried them on as their "personal item" and could also still have a carry-on (their backpack with their stuff to play with, a change of clothes, etc.)
The boosters fit in the overhead bin easily. They even stack to save space. They only cost about $13 each at Walmart. Then they stowed their backpacks under the seat in front of them.
We already had a Turbobooster we could have brought, but the two youth boosters together weighed the same or less as one no-back turbo.
We do have a Bubblebum also. It does pack smaller but if cost is a strong factor I would not hesitate to go with the harmony boosters. They fit lots of kids well and make a great spare seat for friends, to keep in grandma's trunk, whatever.

pj2rc

Thank you both. They are nbb's and 2 would be easily portable, but since we aren't checking any baggage, I think we'll need all of our carry ons an persona items for our other belongings. The zulily says guaranteed by Christmas. I am tempted, but I need them in about 3 weeks and am afraid they may not arrive in time!

Ali

We currently have 8 boosters for one DD. We have 2BBs and DD prefers the Harmony LiteRider over the BBs. Depending on how much driving we would be doing after arriving at destination we take the LiteRider or BB.

When we flew with the LiteRider it was just stuck up in the overhead compartment. We didn't check luggage. We each had a backpack and wheeled suitcase. Airline didn't count boosters as anything.

BB was nice because we could stick it in a suitcase of attach it to the outside of a backpack.

Dillipop

It's quite possible that a booster will not be counted against the child's carry on allowance. What airline are you flying?

pj2rc

It's quite possible that a booster will not be counted against the child's carry on allowance. What airline are you flying?

United I believe. It didn't occur to me they wouldn't count it. I'll check. I'm just afraid they'll make me gate check them when I get there :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC