Help me help a friend

longstocking

i have a friend who recently moved to Moorcraft, Wyoming. She posted A picture this morning of her 7 or 8 mon old in a FF seat that was way too big for him. She said he was too big for his infant seat and they couldn't afford a convertible so that was that. I nicely posted that not only was it illegal but he was too precious for anything to happen to him ... Etc. etc. Told her to check sheriff stations, hospitals, pediatrician offices, government assistance offices, there are seats available for free or practically free. She responded that she lived too far out from town so nothing could be done. Grrr - it boils my button when people dont care enough to try. I would just let it slide if he was at least 1 but not for a baby so young. Anyone out that way in Wyoming that can give me some advice on what to tell them?

ADS

1mommy

I'm a little confused on how she could afford a ff seat but not a convertible? Or was it an old seat she had on hand.

I'm sure she has to go into town sometime... so if you could figure out exactly where she has to go (maybe even call them up and talk to them about the process) to simplify it so that next time she is in town all she has to to is stop by and show proof of low income?

Unfortunately if the mom is still resistant to getting help I don't see much that can be done except to pray for the family.

longstocking

I assume it's an old seat they had because they have an 8 or 9 yr old. But then again, when they moved they got rid of everything and just took what would fit in their car so unless they switched baby over before they moved I don't see why they would have taken the seat with them.
It's so heartbreaking when you can't help people who want to be dumb and don't care. I wish it could be considered child abuse so they were forced to do something about it.

Holly

I'm bumping this up, maybe someone else knows of a program or something in Wyoming where she could get help getting a safe seat for her baby.

lgenne

Do you know what kind of car they drive? Are you in a situation financially that you could help? Amazon currently has the Evenflo Tribute LX in a couple of prints under $46 with free shipping if you have Prime.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
It's so heartbreaking when you can't help people who want to be dumb and don't care. I wish it could be considered child abuse so they were forced to do something about it.

I agree that it's heartbreaking. I think that misuse of child seats should be a primary offense with points on a driver's license. But I can't get behind misuse as child abuse. That trivializes real abuse.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC