Not feeling the CT love

1mommy

Got my Cowmoo Marathon CT over the weekend and was so excited to try it out, haven't installed it in the car yeat but I played with it and just wasnt impressed. I was expecting a plush seat, not a fabric that felt kinda plasticy - granted this seems easier to wipe off in case of spit up or blow outs, but still. The CT does seem nice, but the harness adjuster was a pain, I tried putting my 6 month in it and I didnt like how the insert was under him, and that buckle pad was humoungus. I didnt see anything in the manual about if it was removable or not, I saw HUGS were optional for rear-facing, but that was it. He didnt like it either. I'm going to install it in my car and use it with my 2.5 year old RF and see how I like it, but I'm just not feeling the love, especially not for over $200... *Shrugs*

ADS

sb518

Never judge a CT by it's cover. ;)

Install the seat once, and you'll see the magic.

Although If you won't be needing to re-install the seat a lot, in a lot of different cars, I would just send it back and get a seat with a cover and harness adjuster that you like.

I buy the CT seats strictly because of the CT feature/easy install because I move DD's seat a lot. It would be kind of worthless to buy one if it was just going to stay installed in your car the majority if it's life IMO. Especially if you don't like anything else about the seat.

1mommy

Most of the time it will be installed in my car, but I thought it would be convenient for the occasional car pool trip with my sister, and occasional time my mom needs to take him, which really is only a few times per year. I'll install it once the rain lets up, I didn't feel like carrying it down my steps in the wet cold rain @ 6 a.m. this morning.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
My #1 rule for a convertible seat is mom has to love the harness adjustor. And #2 is kiddo has to be comfy.

If those aren't happening, no matter how easy the install is, it's not a good seat for you.

bella_1818

Check to make sure your harness is correctly assembled before you form an opinion. Mine wasn't smooth, and it turns out the harness wasn't properly attached to the splitter plate. Consumer Reports published something about others not being connected properly at the clicktight part.

1mommy

I pulled on the straps near the hip where it came out of the seat to see if it would come out, which it didn't, but I should open up the back and take a peek, thanks for the reminder.

kruithofphoto

I didn't see the big deal either with the pinnacle ct we bought. But we wanted the clock tight for my husbands non locking seatbelt in the middle of his 2012 Dodge Ram. After installing it we fell in love it's a lot more comfy that I thought it was too. My kids fight over who will sit in it compared to the foonf.

1mommy

After a struggle to move the freaking crotch buckle I managed to install it in my car. Still not feeling the love, the CT was hard for me to open, maybe I don't have good hand strength but twisting the CT button was hard! Then I bonked the poor boys head on my car ceiling, and disliked how I felt I had to cram him into his seat (I was using the Guide 65 previously which is low profile but I dislike it because it has a tendency to slip into the more reclined position on my leather seats).

Aporthole I appreciate the advice to change the harness length. I was reading through the manual and it said to call Britax for instructions and since it was 10:30 p.m., and the manual made it sound like it wasnt necessary (i.e., you CAN call Britax IF you need more harness length) I figured it would be ok for the day especially since I have a super skinny toddler. Well it was a tight squeeze, I think I had less than an inch of harness left after I tightened it. I should have known to come back and look here, but well, it was 10:30 at night and I just wanted to go to bed.

Anyways between bonking his head on the ceiling while trying to cram him into the seat, my lack of hand strength, and not liking the belly pad, or how recessed the harness adjuster, I think the seat is going back. Pity because I wanted to like it, and I'm pretty sure he was comfortable in it because he almost fell asleep on the morning drive, but it’s just not the seat for me.

Kel

I really didn't feel love for the click tight either. I had the FR 90 and sold it and bought a FR 85. I LOVE the 85!!. The 90 was very hard for me to adjust the harness. I just couldn't hardly reach the button! I'm under 5' tall, so I've got short fingers, witch didnt help matters. I'm one of those people the re adjust everyday, so it was a huge pain for me.
Plus since the convertible dosent have more leg room RFING or support FFing, I decided to go with the G4. Then pass down the 85.
Of course no matter what seat I bring home, my 2 yr old DD only wants her My Ride, lol. It's actually pretty easy to load her in the my ride vs her blvd. The my ride is deeper but
more open if that makes sense.
Although I think the ct definitely had its place in the carseat world.

nataliem257

Check to make sure your harness is correctly assembled before you form an opinion. Mine wasn't smooth, and it turns out the harness wasn't properly attached to the splitter plate. Consumer Reports published something about others not being connected properly at the clicktight part.

This happened to me with my frontier 90. I struggled with the harness for a year before I took the seat apart to wash it and realized the strap attached to the bottom of the splitter plate thqt feeds into the adjustment button was twisted 180 degrees, it's smooth as butter now.

1mommy

It's a nice seat, and I agree it has its place, but its just not for me. I think I'm going to try the Maxi Cosi Pria next. Any love or hate for that seat?

Kel

I LOVE the pria! I wish I would have kept mine. If I ever find a steel on a pink one I'll might get another.
The only thing it lacked for me was a lock off. I'm not sure why it was tippy in my van. My MR and Blvd are perfect and never tip. I have a full size Ford van and have been able to get fast easy installs with every seat I've brought home. But the pria tipped. Next time I'll keep the seat and use a lock off for FFing.

Hazelandlucy

I LOVE the pria! I wish I would have kept mine. If I ever find a steel on a pink one I'll might get another.
The only thing it lacked for me was a lock off. I'm not sure why it was tippy in my van. My MR and Blvd are perfect and never tip. I have a full size Ford van and have been able to get fast easy installs with every seat I've brought home. But the pria tipped. Next time I'll keep the seat and use a lock off for FFing.

http://www.blinq.com/search/go?utf8=✓&view=grid&w=maxi+cosi

$188 for a pink Pria

Lenae

It's a nice seat, and I agree it has its place, but its just not for me. I think I'm going to try the Maxi Cosi Pria next. Any love or hate for that seat?

I :love: my Pria. It is my favorite seat, and my childrens favorite seat. My DS would sit in it if it were an option, and he's a nearly 7yo boy who usually rides in a booster. :cool: Easy install, CRAZY cushy cover, adorably pink. I'm actually considering getting a Maxi Cosi Rodi AP booster because it's basically the Pria turned into a booster, lol.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Hmm. See, I've been thinking of a Pria, but I've heard really mixed things about it.

My main concern is the harness adjuster. Is it smooth and even?

Lenae

Hmm. See, I've been thinking of a Pria, but I've heard really mixed things about it.

My main concern is the harness adjuster. Is it smooth and even?

I have zero trouble with the harness adjuster. It pulls nicely. I do think you have to pull harder when it's RF vs FF, but it is easier by far than my RXT.

The only seat I've ever used that was an easier install was my classic MA. Even that was only made easier because of the awesome LATCH bar thingy.

I did have an issue with my original Pria, where the headrest wasn't locking into place and would slide down. I emailed Maxi Cosi, they got back to me within a day or two, and sent me a new seat with directions to destroy the old one. I haven't had a problem since.

I have two complaints about the seat. One, the cover shows water marks. Like, if Sassy sweats a lot, there are sweaty prints on the cover. Which is gross, but not a big deal. It comes clean nicely though. My second complaint is the RF belt path has little "guides" the belt is routed through. I have no idea what the guides are for, they seem pointless to me, and occasionally I ignore them, but I'm a rule breaker like that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC