'12 Outback - 2 RF seats next to each other?

mschneid02

Hi everyone,
So, we have a '12 Subaru Outback.
--#1 Son is in the center, RF, in a Graco Size-4-Me 70. He is 3 years old, about 30 lbs and 35" tall. He also has Down syndrome and low tone so definitely want to keep him RF as long as possible.
--#2 Son is behind the passenger seat in a Chicco Keyfit 30. He is almost 9 months, about 28 lbs and 31" (yes, he's huge) and I need to get him out of the Keyfit (can't believe I can lift it!)

I would like to have the two seats side-by-side as we really need to be able to fit two adults plus the driver in our car. Husband has the Britax Pavilion in his Camry for my 3 year old and a base for the infant but his are on the outboard spots. I would be willing to buy 2 new seats for the Outback to fit side-by-side RF (or re-arrange the seats somehow), especially if I could move the Graco to the Camry. DH is tall and needs leg room so I'm not sure if that will work.

Long story short: recommendations for 2 seats side by side RF in the '12 Outback?
TIA!

ADS

Dillipop

Clek foonf are super narrow, rearface to 50 lbs, and have a high shell height, IMO. You may be able to get 2 of them together. The anti rebound bar is a plus for me.

Diono radians are also pretty narrow and can rearface a long time. You may need an angle adjuster to get enough room up front.

Trying a combination of more than one brand sometimes makes it easier to puzzle as well. The myride65 seems to puzzle well with a bunch d seats if they are facing the same direction, such as the radian and guide 65.

cottonpenny

I have a 2011 outback, and I can put a RF Roundabout (should be same size as your pavillion - have my 6 mo DD) in the middle next to a RF Diono Ranier (mine is driver's side with angle adjuster for my 3 yo DS). Radians are slightly narrower to assume those would work too.

Plenty of room for an adult behind the passenger!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC