Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

head wise question

Do the 1 inch rule for RF applies to the shell or to the head rest?
    Lourdes
    mom to Amanda Victoria 6 y/o in a Graco Turbobooster and Sofia Victoria 5 m/o in a Safety 1st On Board 35 Air

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician xursusmaritimusx's Avatar
    Head rest

Quote Originally Posted by xursusmaritimusx View Post
    Head rest
    Wow
    Lourdes
    mom to Amanda Victoria 6 y/o in a Graco Turbobooster and Sofia Victoria 5 m/o in a Safety 1st On Board 35 Air

CPS Technician xursusmaritimusx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lourdes View Post
    Wow
    Haha yep

Most kids won't reach that limit. So it's great for tall kids.

The graco 4ever has the same rf height limit and takes up slightly less space front to back than the headwise and other clones

They didn't have the 4ever in the store that I went, the only have it at toys r us and it's too expensive there
    Lourdes

Isn't it great how tall the headrest goes? I bought one for my nephew and DD (almost 10) sat in it while it was in the house. She's 52ish inches, but all torso. She was too tall, but not by much!
    DD Jan 2005
    RF to 3 1/2 years; Harnessed to 7 1/2 years; Now Boostered

I really like it!
    Lourdes

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Re: head wise question

Headwise has a fat extra plastic thing on the base to protect against side impact that the MySize doesn't have. Might make it wider next to other seats, but otherwise, I like it a lot!.
    I saw the Milestone, same as 4Ever, but no backless option, and much cheaper, at Target yesterday... http://www.target.com/p/graco-milest...#prodSlot=_1_1
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

I got it last night, yes, that part is really irritating, but here where I live there aren't too many options
    Lourdes

11. Thank You from: