Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Travel with Booster

We're flying next week and need to bring my son's booster for use at our destination. What's the best way to get it there? Can he just carry it on and put in the overhead? Does it need to be in a bag or anything? It's a GracoTurbobooster, if that matters.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kitkatxyz View Post
    We're flying next week and need to bring my son's booster for use at our destination. What's the best way to get it there? Can he just carry it on and put in the overhead? Does it need to be in a bag or anything? It's a GracoTurbobooster, if that matters.
    Is it the no back turbo or high back?

No back- he can carry it on and stow it either overhead or it might fit under the seat in front I him.

Highback- I'd consider only taking the bottom portion and leaving the back at home for the trip, as long as he's over 40 lbs and then do as above. If you have to take the back for whatever reason, pack the back in your suitcase surrounded by lots of clothes. Then carry on the no back portion as described above.

CCO 4/15

It's a no back. Good to know we can just take it on and stow it. Thanks!

He should be able to have a carry-on bag (like a backpack) and one personal item (the booster.)
    That's what my kids had as their items for our air travel.
    Ann, mom to 3 big brothers and a baby girl:
    DS1 - Aug 2006, 80 lb, 56", incognitos
    DS2 - May 2008, 77 lb, 51.5", Vivo or NBB
    DS3 - June 2011, 46 lb, 43", FF in FR85 or booster training
    DD - May 2015, 19 lb, 29", ) Snugride 30