• A neutral color

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Doesn't matter/whatever color is available on the lot

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Get new gray straps, etc.

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

Mama2J

The thread about carseats matching interior made me think about what color to get for my new car.

I had originally wanted blue, but the car I'm looking at only comes with gray interior if you get blue. I also like the red, which comes in gray or tan interior.

The carseat is blue with tan straps. I could get gray straps, hugs, and pads for it I suppose, to make it coordinate better with the blue car/gray interior.

What do you all think? :)

ADS

MomToEliEm

I think you should find the car with all the accessories and features you want and buy that one. The color interior should be a color you like. You might be driving it for 5-10 years which by then you will be out of your current carseat and on to boosters or whatever else they throw our way at that time.

As long as it doesn't have white seats in it, I would be happy if the car was safe and I liked how it drived. Since my carseats will never match the interior (girly covers), I never have tried to match seats to my car interior.

Mama2J

Good point! I actually do like the tan interior, which is what I have in my current car. If I had a girl, I probably wouldn't try to coordinate either, because I'd want a pink or purple carseat!

It's funny, I've been thinking about all other features of what I'm looking for with this next car, but hadn't really thought about color until today.

jdchic3

I voted for the blue with grey interior because that's my fave combo, but I also voted for red with tan because that's my second fave. I agree with the PP about getting what YOU like though. You are going to have that vehicle for quite some time and I'm sure it will outlive your current child restraint. FWIW I have a Mariposa MA (tan straps) in my blue Jeep with charcoal interior and it doesn't bother me at all.

beeman

I have a red with grey interior and really like it. One thing about red though, is if you plan to keep it a long time, and don't park it in a garage it will sunfade, and will require lots of polishing/waxing to keep it looking sharp. But it is one of my favorite colours. Go for the interior you prefer. I don't think that interior matching colour is too serious, and either tan or grey would go well with both of those colours. If your going to be buying a new car, you should order one with the colour preference you like.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC