Walmart Return Policy Leniency?

AllieK

Has anyone experienced any leniency on Walmart's 90 day return policy?

Back on August 4 I ordered a train table from Walmart.com for my (soon-to-be) 3yr old for Christmas. The table has been sitting in the closet, unopened, waiting for Christmas. I'm now thinking I'd like a larger one but we are now 10 days past the 90 day window for returns! :eek: I emailed customer service to see if I could just receive store credit or exchange for a higher priced item but they (quickly) replied back that I could not return or exchange the item.

I'm thinking of just going into the store and asking for a manager. I'm not asking for any money back here, Walmart will be making more money out of this since I want a larger table anyway. I do have my receipt/packing slip and the item has never been opened. What do you think?

ADS

Brianna

Show up without a receipt and they'll use your license. As long as you aren't flagged as being a repeat offender it should be ok.

AllieK

Definitely not a repeat offender! :) Hahaha

I thought about this but I purchased the item online and I think it shipped direct from the manufacturer, KidKraft. Would it still have the barcode/item #/information Walmart would need for an in-store return?

I also thought about just saying it was a gift...

Dillipop

Definitely not a repeat offender! :) Hahaha I thought about this but I purchased the item online and I think it shipped direct from the manufacturer, KidKraft. Would it still have the barcode/item #/information Walmart would need for an in-store return? I also thought about just saying it was a gift...

The problem with saying it's a gift or going in without a receipt is that they will give you the lowest price the item has been, not necessarily what you paid. I would go in with your receipt and see what the service rep says. They may just put it through. If not, ask to speak to a manager. When I worked retail, we had a set time period to give back money in the original form of payment and then after that time period it was a store credit. It's a lot harder to say no to someone standing in front of you than to repeat standard procedure over the phone.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC