HBB for a Volvo S60 2004?

_juune

I know it's a long shot but still -- I have a year 2004 Volvo S60, I do think they are not that different in Europe [where I am] and in the USA -- and I'm looking for a HBB. Of those HBBs that have "clones" both in the USA and Europe, what seats work well with forward leaning non-removable headrests? To complicate things further the car has narrow-ish and quite contoured seats [like here]. I tried a MaxiCosi RodiAP in an outboard position, but it "sat" right on top of the seatbelt buckle -- impossible to buckle, Britax KidFixSL worked a teeny bit better, but still not something I'd like to wrestle/buckle every day. So I got a RodiFix instead, but after a few weeks I'm not sure anymore the seat suits our needs, because it's [torso] side-wings move quite freely side to side and are therefore not as supportive as they could be; at 5 DD is a younger booster rider and while she does great while awake, once she falls asleep she starts leaning to one side and out of the seatbelt, to me it looks like a more narrow/supportive seat would help her stay upright.
I have another armrest-less HBB, but the lap belt fit with that one is [imo] not as good as with the Rodifix, also it's more bulky and leaves DD with less head excursion room.
And I thought shopping for a booster seat would be easy, like pick the pinkest one and done :(
Purposefully putting the thread here not in the international forums, do move if necessary of course.

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I've had luck with the Clek Oobr with Volvo headrests. When used with LATCH, it has a recline mode that works well with those type of headrests. Don't know if it's available in Europe or has a clone version or if there's ISOFIX in that year Volvo that's not the US model, but just mentioning in case it could help. :)

_juune

I've had luck with the Clek Oobr with Volvo headrests. When used with LATCH, it has a recline mode that works well with those type of headrests. Don't know if it's available in Europe or has a clone version or if there's ISOFIX in that year Volvo that's not the US model, but just mentioning in case it could help. :)

Thanks for the reply :) So I googled for Oobr and found some helpful forum threads [i.e. this one] about it&other boosters&Volvos. I see that Recaro Vivo has worked for some people, and I think it is one of the clone seats and is called Recaro Milano over here AND I've actually seen it around, so I'll look into it.
No Oobr in Europe as far as I can tell :( I think I asked on Clek's FB page some time ago if they are coming here, and then they said that they are applying for R44 certification in summer. Can't recall if it was a year or 2 ago. Then I asked again after a while and got no reply :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC