Question Trouble Tightening Britax Advocate Clicktight

M

Melissa191

We just purchased two Britax Advocate Clicktight car seats and I'm having trouble tightening the straps when my 11 month old child is in the seat. I can release the straps with a little difficulty, but when I try to tighten them with her in the seat it sounds like it's already clicked several times and I'm about to break it (the click sounds different to me than when it is actually tightening). I tried tightening the straps without her in the seat and I hear the clicks no problem. Is there a trick to it? It's already a little hard to tighten since the seat is rear-facing, and I am pulling the tightening strap straight, not to any one side, but it still sounds like I'm breaking it by pulling it. Help!

ADS

MotoMommaNH

Eep, might be a design flaw. My Frontier90 is kind of hard to tighten but being its FF I don't really have much issue with it.

I would call up Britax customer service to see if they have anything to say about it.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

Dillipop

Are you belong the adjuster strap by pulling down on the splitter plate from behind the seat? I usually have to help the adjuster in this way when a seat is rearfacing .

And don't get me started on the frontier 90! I have to tighten before the second crotch buckle is engaged or mine doesn't tighten at all.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Are you belong the adjuster strap by pulling down on the splitter plate from behind the seat? I usually have to help the adjuster in this way when a seat is rearfacing

You can't do that with the CT convertibles.

OP, my seat also clicks way before it "should," and I keep meaning to call Britax about it.

Are you able to keep pulling through even after you hear the click? My husband thought the click meant to stop pulling, so he'd do a ton of short tugs. I showed him how you could just keep pulling even after the click happened. I still have to do a couple smaller tugs at the end.

If it sounds really weird and you think something might be wrong, give Britax a call and see what they say.

MotoMommaNH

Are you belong the adjuster strap by pulling down on the splitter plate from behind the seat? I usually have to help the adjuster in this way when a seat is rearfacing .

And don't get me started on the frontier 90! I have to tighten before the second crotch buckle is engaged or mine doesn't tighten at all.
I wonder the heavier the child, the harder it is? My 4yo hovers around 39-40lbs. How heavy is your kiddo?

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC