Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Melissa191

Trouble Tightening Britax Advocate Clicktight

We just purchased two Britax Advocate Clicktight car seats and I'm having trouble tightening the straps when my 11 month old child is in the seat. I can release the straps with a little difficulty, but when I try to tighten them with her in the seat it sounds like it's already clicked several times and I'm about to break it (the click sounds different to me than when it is actually tightening). I tried tightening the straps without her in the seat and I hear the clicks no problem. Is there a trick to it? It's already a little hard to tighten since the seat is rear-facing, and I am pulling the tightening strap straight, not to any one side, but it still sounds like I'm breaking it by pulling it. Help!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Trouble Tightening Britax Advocate Clicktight

Eep, might be a design flaw. My Frontier90 is kind of hard to tighten but being its FF I don't really have much issue with it.

I would call up Britax customer service to see if they have anything to say about it.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
    Michelle

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar
    Are you belong the adjuster strap by pulling down on the splitter plate from behind the seat? I usually have to help the adjuster in this way when a seat is rearfacing .

And don't get me started on the frontier 90! I have to tighten before the second crotch buckle is engaged or mine doesn't tighten at all.

CCO 4/15

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillipop View Post
    Are you belong the adjuster strap by pulling down on the splitter plate from behind the seat? I usually have to help the adjuster in this way when a seat is rearfacing
    You can't do that with the CT convertibles.

OP, my seat also clicks way before it "should," and I keep meaning to call Britax about it.

Are you able to keep pulling through even after you hear the click? My husband thought the click meant to stop pulling, so he'd do a ton of short tugs. I showed him how you could just keep pulling even after the click happened. I still have to do a couple smaller tugs at the end.

If it sounds really weird and you think something might be wrong, give Britax a call and see what they say.

Re: Trouble Tightening Britax Advocate Clicktight

Quote Originally Posted by Dillipop View Post
    Are you belong the adjuster strap by pulling down on the splitter plate from behind the seat? I usually have to help the adjuster in this way when a seat is rearfacing .

And don't get me started on the frontier 90! I have to tighten before the second crotch buckle is engaged or mine doesn't tighten at all.
    I wonder the heavier the child, the harder it is? My 4yo hovers around 39-40lbs. How heavy is your kiddo?

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
    Michelle

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoMommaNH View Post
    I wonder the heavier the child, the harder it is? My 4yo hovers around 39-40lbs. How heavy is your kiddo? Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
    I use it for kids that are between 36 and 43 lbs currently.

CCO 4/15