How long until Outgrown

bella_1818

We already bought the replacement seat, but I'm trying to guess how much longer I can use the infant carrier before it's outgrown by height, so I can justify the cost of a shower cap style blanket or not.

It's a Britax B-Safe and this is the same angle as in my vehicle. DD is 15 months old.

Last edited:
ADS

bella_1818

A couple of months by torso height. How tall is DD? It has a 32" limit. Wendy

Way under 32", but she's all torso. I'm guessing when her head covers the logo we're at the 1inch of shell point. Does that sound about right?

We've just moved from a very warm climate to a very cold climate. It seems like the infant carrier would be so much warmer running errands than taking her jacket on and off.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
About halfway through the logo, but just beware that the cover can move, so that's not a consistent.

A carseat poncho may be nice.

Wendy

katymyers

Way under 32", but she's all torso. I'm guessing when her head covers the logo we're at the 1inch of shell point. Does that sound about right?

We've just moved from a very warm climate to a very cold climate. It seems like the infant carrier would be so much warmer running errands than taking her jacket on and off.

I prefer infant seats in winter too. I'm leaving Aubrei in her B Safe at least until spring, of course she's no where near outgrowing it in any way since she's so little [emoji20]. But I just bought her a Columbia fleece snowsuit thing that is a lot warmer than I thought it would be. It works way better than the cover I used before.

bella_1818

I prefer infant seats in winter too. I'm leaving Aubrei in her B Safe at least until spring, of course she's no where near outgrowing it in any way since she's so little [emoji20]. But I just bought her a Columbia fleece snowsuit thing that is a lot warmer than I thought it would be. It works way better than the cover I used before.
Good to know. I bought DD a Colombia fleece jacket, and I'm not comfortable with it's thickness in the car seat.

katymyers

Good to know. I bought DD a Colombia fleece jacket, and I'm not comfortable with it's thickness in the car seat.

Really? Which one did you get? All my kids have Columbia fleeces for the specific purpose of wearing them in the car seat all winter. We're on our third year of using them. I've always been able to buckle the kids in with them on and not adjust the straps at all (same as the snowsuit I got Aubrei) and they're a lot warmer than other fleece jackets we've owned so they're my absolute favorite.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC