Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Graco MyRide and Turbo Booster puzzle well?

So, on my quest of making a 3 across.... I was yesterday at Wal-Mart and was looking at the car seats (for no reason at all) and notice that the MyRide is small on the bottom and then wide, and was wondering if the MyRide and the Turbo Booster can puzzle week next to each other, does anyone knows?
    Lourdes
    mom to Amanda Victoria 6 y/o in a Graco Turbobooster and Sofia Victoria 5 m/o in a Safety 1st On Board 35 Air

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Re: Graco MyRide and Turbo Booster puzzle well?

I don't think the Turbo puzzles next to anything, except in a really big car with very high buckle stalks (it's a very boxy seat, incredibly difficult to buckle next to anything else). Harmony Dreamtime at Target might work if you need a highback. Graco MySize is narrower than My Ride, so maaaaybe that with a Turbo.
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

4. Thank You from:

The MyRide does actually puzzle with a Turbo. I can't find a pic of the MyRide RF next to a Turbo, but I know it worked. Here's one with the MR FF.

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

6. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
    The MyRide does actually puzzle with a Turbo. I can't find a pic of the MyRide RF next to a Turbo, but I know it worked. Here's one with the MR FF.
    Do you think it can work if the MyRide is RF?
    Lourdes
    mom to Amanda Victoria 6 y/o in a Graco Turbobooster and Sofia Victoria 5 m/o in a Safety 1st On Board 35 Air

Quote Originally Posted by lourdes View Post
    Do you think it can work if the MyRide is RF?
    It did in my car, a 1999 Chevy Cavalier.

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

I will try it
    Lourdes

Good to know! I shouldn't let my Turbo buckling nightmares cloud my judgment. Though, give us a 1-5, was it actually easy (5) or whining annoyance and seat sliding difficult (1) to buckle that thing with a kid in it?
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

11. Thank You from:

Good question. I only used that set up once, probably 3-4 years ago. I know there was no sliding involved and I remember it wasn't too difficult for me to buckle, but I don't think a child could do it. So a 3?

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

Thanks!
    Julie

I have a really small car, IMO, I am going today to Toys R Us to try the set up, I will update how it went
    Lourdes

Senior Community Member

We had 2 turbos (both HB) and a Myride (both FFing and RFing) in a 2002 VW Golf. DD was able to buckle, but DS was not. I was able to buckle it fairly easily. The fact that the Myride has such a narrow base and sits up higher really helps.
    Former CPST and Mom to
    C-13 years old, B-11 years old
    A-8 years old riding in a Harmony Youth Booster or Graco TurboBooster

Went to Toys r Us and they don't carry the MyRide anymore!
    Lourdes

It didn't work!!!!!!!!! I have the TB with safety surrounds and the sides hits the bottom of the MyRide... so sad, it only worked if the booster was backless and she is not ready for that yet.....
    Lourdes

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lourdes View Post
    It didn't work!!!!!!!!! I have the TB with safety surrounds and the sides hits the bottom of the MyRide... so sad, it only worked if the booster was backless and she is not ready for that yet.....
    Sorry. I assumed you were talking about the regular TB. I should have stated that. The TB with SS just hits at the wrong spot with many seats.
    Former CPST and Mom to
    C-13 years old, B-11 years old
    A-8 years old riding in a Harmony Youth Booster or Graco TurboBooster

I really didn't like it at all I'm the car because it took to.much space front to.back, I have the regular TB on.my sister's car, I just like the SS because it gives her some body protection
    Lourdes

I actually really liked.the graco head wise, do you think it can puzzle?
    Lourdes