Has anyone seen a shower cap style blanket for older children?

3 ladybugs

One that would fit on a convertible or harnessed booster seat?

My oldest (6 years old in a Frontier 85 SICT) is ALWAYS cold in the car. I try not to let him wear anything other then a fleece pullover when he is in his seat. He isn't ready for seatbelt training as he still frequently falls asleep in the car. I do use blankets but sometimes they get misplaced or whatever and he doesn't have one.

My youngest (16 months in a Chaperone, soon to be Clicksafe Advocate) takes any blanket I put on him off before I can get in the front seat! I know he is cold but seeing how a blanket isn't instantly hot, he doesn't get the point.

So clearly with both of my children a blanket that was attached (even mildly) to the carseat would be ideal. So does this exist or do I need to make one from scratch?

ADS

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
No idea if what you're looking for exists but we have this product and it's awesome. Not sure if I would trust a toddler with something that had cords but if both kids are sharing and the oldest is responsible it might be worthy of your consideration.

We got ours two years ago at BJs and it's been great for the last two winters. If you keep it plugged in and you use a remote starter to start the car then it will be warm by the time you get the kids in.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Maxsa-Comfy-Cruise-12-Volt-Electric-Blanket-Navy-Blue/10756183

HTH!

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Would a Snuggie clipped with binder clips to the carseat be a livable hack? You could also maybe consider Carseat Ponchos for both?

rachelandtyke

DD1 has a kids snuggie and it works great for a car blanket. That and carseat poncho were the first things that came to mine.

Dillipop

There used to be one for convertibles. Not a full shower cap but it was attached. I'm going to Ty google to see if it still exists.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
No idea if what you're looking for exists but we have this product and it's awesome. Not sure if I would trust a toddler with something that had cords but if both kids are sharing and the oldest is responsible it might be worthy of your consideration.

We got ours two years ago at BJs and it's been great for the last two winters. If you keep it plugged in and you use a remote starter to start the car then it will be warm by the time you get the kids in.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Maxsa-Comfy-Cruise-12-Volt-Electric-Blanket-Navy-Blue/10756183

HTH!

Kecia, you've been holding out on me! I know what I'm putting on my Christmas list this year ;).

Dillipop

$50?? Seems a little steep for a blanket with some elastic around the edges, no?

Maybe? People pay $50 for the toddler bundle me and those are useless and unsafe. At least this is useful, safe, and honestly, I couldn't make one, so the convenience if having a blanket attached to the car seat might be worth it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC