Hardest 3 across EVAR

jeminijad

I am sure those who work checks regularly will laugh at my efforts. But I just came inside and am sweating my butt off. 2010 Mazda 6 is TERRIBLE for 3 across, at least compared to it competitors. I've done 3 across with these seats in a Camry, a Taurus and an Altima with no problem. Not the 6.

I started with an Evenflo Chase (supposedly same shell as Maestro?) and an Evenflo Amp HBB. I need an infant seat in the mix, since I'm 37 weeks tomorrow. What I have is a Cybex Aton (original version if it matters.)

When I install the Aton far enough to one side to give even tight booster buckling room, it forced the Chase way up onto the very firm bolster, which is sadly in both the seat pan and seat back. The shell isn't hardened enough to force it down into the bolster, even with my considerable weight. It just warps and acts stupid.

So I went in the garage and dug out an old Radian with 2 years left on it. That worked, barely, because it can be forced into that bolster and sit close to the door.

I can't move the booster - it needs to be on the single buckle side of the car. The only other option would be swapping the Radian and Aton, trying Radian in the middle. Might be better, but I'm too fricken tired to try.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I feel for ya. I had a relatively easy snugride/radian/harmony youth install last week and it was over an hour of trying several positions (and LATCH/seatbelt/locking clip...)for each seat, and it was exhausting, and I'm not pregnant!

Glad you had that Radian on hand, could have been a disaster without it!

jwilliams

Getting two Keyfits and a Radian into my tiny car, 37 weeks pregnant with twins, is something I keep trying to forget. Oh, the swears.

:hugs:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC