Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

Travel help! ASAP!!

I haven't been on for a while, it's been a while six months since I purchased a new seat! 😊
    What's the name of that travel harness? Can it be used in rental cars or only on airplanes? Any great deals, places to rent, or used ones? Pros, cons!
    Packing a booster in our carry on for older daughter, but would really, really, really, like to not have to take a 5 point seat with me! Open to other ideas and suggestions!
    Little one is 3.5, 37 inches, 30 pounds.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Travel help! ASAP!!

Are you referring to the CARES harness (airplane only) or the Ride Safer Travel Vest (vehicle only)?

The RSTV (version 2) is pending FAA approval but has not cleared the red tape yet. I have heard rumors that they were considering having loaner CARES harnesses available for customers who are still awaiting the FAA approval. I have not confirmed these rumors myself but it would be worth asking about.

The maker of the RSTV encourages parents who use their product on kids under the age of four or who don't have the maturity to stay buckled and upright to have an adult sit in the back with the child. Although it crash tests more like a harnessed car seat, it requires a certain amount of maturity to ensure the child doesn't get out of it; in that way it's more like a booster seat.

http://saferide4kids.com/store/?affiliate=44

If you have sales questions, or want to ask about the progress on the FAA approval or whether they have CARES harnesses available, you might want to try sending a private message or email to Greg. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=257566

Another option, which is also not FAA approved, but would be great in a car/taxi would be the IMMI GO. http://immigoseat.com/
    Mom to 2 adults and 2 little kids.
    Tall 8 year old in Incognito; Petite 3 year old RF in CA65