Travel help! ASAP!!

Marvin711

I haven't been on for a while, it's been a while six months since I purchased a new seat! šŸ˜Š
What's the name of that travel harness? Can it be used in rental cars or only on airplanes? Any great deals, places to rent, or used ones? Pros, cons!
Packing a booster in our carry on for older daughter, but would really, really, really, like to not have to take a 5 point seat with me! Open to other ideas and suggestions!
Little one is 3.5, 37 inches, 30 pounds.

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Are you referring to the CARES harness (airplane only) or the Ride Safer Travel Vest (vehicle only)?

The RSTV (version 2) is pending FAA approval but has not cleared the red tape yet. I have heard rumors that they were considering having loaner CARES harnesses available for customers who are still awaiting the FAA approval. I have not confirmed these rumors myself but it would be worth asking about.

The maker of the RSTV encourages parents who use their product on kids under the age of four or who don't have the maturity to stay buckled and upright to have an adult sit in the back with the child. Although it crash tests more like a harnessed car seat, it requires a certain amount of maturity to ensure the child doesn't get out of it; in that way it's more like a booster seat.

http://saferide4kids.com/store/?affiliate=44

If you have sales questions, or want to ask about the progress on the FAA approval or whether they have CARES harnesses available, you might want to try sending a private message or email to Greg. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=257566

Another option, which is also not FAA approved, but would be great in a car/taxi would be the IMMI GO. http://immigoseat.com/

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle ownerā€™s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! Ā©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC