Infant carseat for small car??

kmonty0726

I am wanting a seat reccomendation for an infant seat. In a previous thread I asked about convertibles. Now I want to know of an infant seat. We drive 1998 Dodge Neon 2 Door. Me and DH are short at 5'1 and 110lbs for him. I am 5'3 at 130lbs. We are both very petite. DH does all the driving. My DD is 5 yo, 39inches tall and 41lbs. She is an Evenflo Big Kid Sport Booster seat, currently seated behind me. We are moving her over to DH side. There were carseats with DD that I hated. I hated Cosco car seats. We had a couple of them that I didn't like In my moms car we had Evenflo, hated those just as much.

Car seats I have been looking at
-Chicco Keyfit
-Britax B-Safe
-Graco Click Connect

DD is DH DSD. Her Dad was 5'10 at about 200lbs. DD took more of my size on to her. She was born at 7lbs 12.9 oz 19 3/4 inches long, at 7lbs and 4 oz when leaving the hospital.

ADS

Aurezalia

The Keyfit will take up the least front-to-back space of those 3. The other good option would be a Cybex Aton - it's more expensive than the Keyfit but takes up less space; you can find some older models on sale right now for about the same price, though.
The Graco and Britax seats don't take up a TON of room, but are about average as far as front-to-back space goes - they're not particularly space-saving at all. In a 2-door car, I'd want to eke out every inch - if if you guys are short! I'm 5'2" and was driving a 2-door car for awhile as a nanny to twins, and was able to get 2 Keyfits in the back no problem.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC