Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Peg Perego Convertible causing back bruising

Has anyone else with a Peg Perego Primo Viaggio convertible car seat noticed bruising on their child's back? The back support of mine is putting pressure on my daughter's spine at the very bottom, causing actual bruises. I first noticed it in the summer and contacted Peg Perego Canada with photos of the bruising, asking what to do about it. They had a Peg Perego technician look at it, but I have had no follow-up whatsoever despite my e-mailing them several times - I have been trying to get help with this from Peg Pereggo for 4 months now. I know you are not supposed to add padding to a car seat for safety reasons, but we have no choice. I can't let my daughter experience chronic bruising from the very car seat that is meant to protect her from injury. But I also realize that adding padding affects safety. Even with padding she still sometimes complains that her back hurts in the seat - so the padding has to be substantial. We bought this particular EXPENSIVE car seat for it's great ratings and rear-facing longevity, but now feel we need to replace it asap - with no help from the company at all!! What can we do?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Peg Perego Convertible causing back bruising

That's terrible! And not good that Peg isn't responding. Did they ask for pics? Do you have any pics you could post here? Of the seat I mean. I have 2 Pegs and a local friend that also has 2 and neither of us have had issues. And I haven't heard it mentioned here before. So I am wondering if your seat is defective somehow.
    TechnoAdult · Driver's seat ·
    TechnoTween · Britax Parkway SGL backless · Safety 1st Incognito ·
    TechnoKid · Britax Frontier ClickTight x2 · Graco Tranzitions ·

Unregistered

The same thing is currently happening to both my boys!! Did you receive any resolutions? I’m kind of thankful one of our is expiring soon so we can get a different seat.

Admin - CPST Instructor murphydog77's Avatar

I have seen this complaint from parents who have used various carseats. The best resolution is to find a different carseat with different padding. You may also want to adjust the recline to be slightly more upright if you're using it rear-facing. That may take some of the pressure off his lower back.