Peg Perego Convertible causing back bruising

U

Unregistered

Has anyone else with a Peg Perego Primo Viaggio convertible car seat noticed bruising on their child's back? The back support of mine is putting pressure on my daughter's spine at the very bottom, causing actual bruises. I first noticed it in the summer and contacted Peg Perego Canada with photos of the bruising, asking what to do about it. They had a Peg Perego technician look at it, but I have had no follow-up whatsoever despite my e-mailing them several times - I have been trying to get help with this from Peg Pereggo for 4 months now. I know you are not supposed to add padding to a car seat for safety reasons, but we have no choice. I can't let my daughter experience chronic bruising from the very car seat that is meant to protect her from injury. But I also realize that adding padding affects safety. Even with padding she still sometimes complains that her back hurts in the seat - so the padding has to be substantial. We bought this particular EXPENSIVE car seat for it's great ratings and rear-facing longevity, but now feel we need to replace it asap - with no help from the company at all!! What can we do?

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
That's terrible! And not good that Peg isn't responding. Did they ask for pics? Do you have any pics you could post here? Of the seat I mean. I have 2 Pegs and a local friend that also has 2 and neither of us have had issues. And I haven't heard it mentioned here before. So I am wondering if your seat is defective somehow.

U

Unregistered

The same thing is currently happening to both my boys!! Did you receive any resolutions? I’m kind of thankful one of our is expiring soon so we can get a different seat.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I have seen this complaint from parents who have used various carseats. The best resolution is to find a different carseat with different padding. You may also want to adjust the recline to be slightly more upright if you're using it rear-facing. That may take some of the pressure off his lower back.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC