Favorite infant seat? Can't decide!

Carolinadaisy

I'm due in early April with baby #3 and I'm having trouble deciding on an infant seat. Originally, I thought I might just pass the Nextfit down to the baby, but I leaning away from that option. I may sell it instead and purchase an infant bucket. I like the convenience when baby is still little.

Both of my boys were big boys. Ds1 was 9lbs 1oz and 21.5" at birth and ds2 was 8lbs 4oz and 21". So I'm not worried about fitting a tiny baby. Both boys were out of the seat by 9 or 10 months and were 32" at 1 year.

I used a Keyfit 30 h both boys. Liked the seat ok especially with the Bokoo cover we used for ds2. However, I disliked the canopy size and without the Bokoo cover, the seat material is HOT! I sold the Keyfit after ds2 because I knew it would expire before we would have another baby.

So, I'm considering a different seat this time around. What should I be looking at? Budget of no more than $200, less is better. I'll be watching sales and plan to purchase by end of February in case baby comes early. Ds2 was 11 days early so we could easily see a late March baby.

What's your favorite infant seat and why? I have considered a Bsafe, but I'm not sure about that wide chest clip. It seems so big compared to a Keyfit!

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Other than the KeyFit, and some discontinued seats ( I LOVED the FirstYears Via!), I really like:

~~ Britax BSafe-- fits little babies well (which I don't think you'll likely need), easy to use, handle can be in any position

~~ Graco Snugride 35 and 40-- fits a wide variety of children, canopy is great, handle can be in any position

~~ Safety First OnBoard Air-- fits a wide variety of children, canopy is great, handle can be in any position

I also really like some other infant seats, but they are way out of the budget (understandably!).

MotoMommaNH

I was going to say check out the Onboard Air also. :) someone also mentioned the Urbini Petal on another thread and that one looks cool although I've never used one.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

cookie123

You might have seen my KeyFit thread. I'm not a fan these days. I like the Snugride Click Connect 35. I have the Safety 1st On Board Air - I forget the pattern black/grey. I didn't really use it, I think Griffin was only in it one time and he was at the limit so we didn't use it again. PM me if you're interested as I still have it. As far as other seats, I haven't used many. One of my patients had the Cybex the other day and I didn't put him in it or even touch it but it fit the 5 lber nicely except for the large chest clip.

lourdes

I love my onboard air, it's really easy to install with the lockoffs, it's easy to use, not hot (we live in Puerto Rico), comfortable, I just love it! I had the Chicco for my DD#1 and I like the Onboard way more

Carolinadaisy

Thanks! Guess I will go and look at the onboard air and the graco seats in person. I'm interested to see the new Britax bucket whenever it comes out as well.

Does the onboard air have harness covers?? It looks like it from online photos, but I'm not certain.

I may end up with another keyfit though as a good friend used one with her last baby and I know the history of the seat....so that would be less expensive than buying an infant seat new!

I'm a little tempted to buy a girly seat since we just found out that baby is a girl! But, I don't think it would resell as easily as something more gender neutral.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Some Onboard Air seats have strap covers. If you choose a pattern without, generic black ones can be ordered from Safety 1st.

Carolinadaisy

It looks like they have updated the onboard air and there is a + version now with a different insert. Does anyone know if the seat still has lock offs on the base? I would like that in case I end up doing a center install in the van!

seb3244

Congrats on your 1st dd that is so exciting!!! Okay so I have the b safe and it is okay. Very basic but still sturdy. Did is 4.5 months old and I will be selling it and getting the new britax bucket as soon as it comes out :)

The chest clip on the b safe was too wide for my dd (like the strap on one shoulder was nearly all the way off) until like 12lbs
I posted a pic in a thread I started when she was smaller. I will see if I can find it.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
It looks like they have updated the onboard air and there is a + version now with a different insert. Does anyone know if the seat still has lock offs on the base? I would like that in case I end up doing a center install in the van!

Yes, the base is identical and interchangeable.

The seat itself is slightly different because it has more side impact protection, in addition to the new inserts.

Carolinadaisy

Yes, the base is identical and interchangeable. The seat itself is slightly different because it has more side impact protection, in addition to the new inserts.

Are the new inserts better??

Does anyone know what the release date is for the new Britax bucket?!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC